DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  UMP - Unified Reports - Processes List View

Posted Nov 03, 2011 11:39 PM

In UMP 2.5.x there is a List View for Processes.  It is meant to show a view into Top Processes per environment for utilization based on either CPU or Memory.  

I am wondering how others have configured processes probe in their environment so that it displays all processes not just ones that have a profile set up specifically for them.

I tried to use a profile looking for * and reporting QoS for CPU and Memory. I also tried to set the target field as the different variables.

What I ended up with was QoS data for CPU and Memory with the source listed properly but with the Target as the profile name I was watching * with.  The number being reported appeared to be an aggragate of all the processes matching *. 

I guess I am wondering what others have done to put meaninful data into this report. 

• 2.  Re: UMP - Unified Reports - Processes List View

Posted Nov 03, 2011 11:46 PM

Jordan,

You're correct, today the only way you can have process specific QoS stats is if you're monitoring them by name, using the wildcard option is really used for alarming more than reporting purposes.

Dustin