DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Automatic Deployment of Probes and respective template / Monitor Groups feature

Posted Oct 11, 2014 10:32 PM

Hello, I was wodering if this function was removed from Nimsoft in its newer versions? I remember watching a NMS reference video where they spoke about auto deploying probes to specific machiens that matched a particular group w/in USM. 

I was reading the help for USM and there is a section in there called Working With Monitors but the items it references no longer exists in UMP 7.5. 

What I'm looking to do, actually what I was asked was when a new machine is added to Nimsoft, so the robot gets installed, is there a way to configure NMS so that it automatically pushes out say "Windows Server Base" superpack along with the templates instead of having to do this manually through the IM tool? 

In the help documentation it references "Monitor Groups" using USM but I don't see this feature anywhere. Was it removed?

• 2.  Re: Automatic Deployment of Probes and respective template / Monitor Groups feature

Posted Oct 11, 2014 10:35 PM

Reference doc I found explaining this:

http://docs.nimsoft.com/prodhelp/en_US/UMP/7.5/1736989.html 

Also looking at the help for the ACE probe tells me that:

http://docs.nimsoft.com/prodhelp/en_US/Probes/Catalog/ace/2.7/index.htm

The ace probe allows you to apply monitor configurations to Monitored Elements (MEs) within your NMS system. This probe is used behind the scenes within the Unified Service Manager portlet. Using the Unified Service Manager portlet and Service Oriented Configuration to configure your individual probes, you can create monitoring templates for your NMS system. For more information see the Unified Service Management documentation.

• 3.  Re: Automatic Deployment of Probes and respective template / Monitor Groups feature

Posted Oct 12, 2014 05:02 AM

The Service Oriented Configuration was removed from default installations of UIM/Nimsoft. You can still enable it and the steps can be found in the USM documentation. SOC only supports a few probes as there is another solution in the roadmap for template based monitoring via groups in development. I would look into using the APIs or the request.cfg file method to auto-deploy monitoring templates as this allows you the flexibility of using all the probes in your archive and not just a select few that are supported by SOC.