I'm Steffen, new to the Nimsoft Monitor product and this is my first thread in this forum as well.
For my 1st Nimsoft project Im looking for the right and most easiest overall design. After reading all about Nimsoft architecture and HA documents, I was able to get, it leave me a lot of questions how the overall distributed while completely redundant architecture should look like.
Distrubuted Design consists on this components and requirements:
- Central PriHub
- Several RemoteHubs (Collectors) at subsidiaries
- No single point of failure, totally all Nimsoft components has to be redundant
- SSL-Tunnels between central site and remote subsidiaries
- Northbound VIP for UMP-URL, Southbound VIP for traps and syslogs without can use external Loadbalancers
HA in case of Windows Cluster (“” are quotes from install guide):
HA in case of VMWare ESX VMotion:
HA with Ha-probe:
- PriHub-primary <=> SiteHub1-primary
- PriHub-standby <=> SiteHub1-primary
- PriHub-primary <=> SiteHub1-standby
- PriHub-standby <=> SiteHub1-standby
4. In one Nimsoft Document, called Ha-probe.ppt, is at Step 7 outlined: “Drop HA probe on secondary”. What could this mean? I’snt this a dissent to ha-probe should run on Secondary?
thx for answers in advance,