DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

UR 404 error in UMP

• 1.  UR 404 error in UMP

Posted Oct 08, 2010 12:11 AM

Before I open a ticket, I have just installed the latest IM software.  Installed 1.5.0 UMP and confirmed the UR was installed with it and then installed the 1.5.01 patches. 

I made a tab and put UR on it but when I select that tab I get: server processing...  mouse over and it says: transport error: 404

I have checked the docs, logs, tickets, forum and can't find anything related.  The log says nothing of any value.

Thoughts?

Frazier

• 2.  Re: UR 404 error in UMP

Posted Oct 08, 2010 12:29 AM

I've actually heard of a bunch of people seeing issues with this lately... I called Boris on something with UR and Exchange Reports just yesterday and he wasn't at all surprised. :/

Anyway, what happens if you try to hit just Jasper? So at the end of the IP/URL add this: jasperserver-pro/

So for our site it looks like: http://portal.nimsoft.com/jasperserver-pro/

Does that work?

D

• 3.  Re: UR 404 error in UMP

Posted Oct 08, 2010 12:35 AM

No, we get just the default 'you are signed in as "administrator" UMP screen.  Looks like something is wrong with the jasper server.  Will open a ticket unless you have something more to try...

• 4.  Re: UR 404 error in UMP

Posted Oct 08, 2010 01:05 AM

Paul Rowe is able to get email notifications from the forum right now but cannot post... With that said, he just emailed me the following:

UMP 1.50 does NOT contain all the UR components.  You need to also install Nimsoft Unified Reporter 1.5 GA Build 1118.

For installation with UMP:

UMP 1.5 UnifiedReporter Installation Guide

Nimsoft UnifiedReporter Server install package for UMP

Also, because Paul can't login, it means we can all bad mouth him so he can read our messages via email but will be incapable of defending himself. :smileywink:

Thanks Paul!

Dustin

• 5.  Re: UR 404 error in UMP

Posted Oct 08, 2010 01:26 AM
    I just experienced this and Dustin/Paul are right. There's a new package for UR installation with UMP on the support site. I'll get it into the trial kit asap. The old way of installing wasp_ur_reports and wasp_unified_reports by dragging and dropping from the archive to the UMP robot doesn't seem to work well with UMP.

• 6.  Re: UR 404 error in UMP

Posted Oct 08, 2010 07:12 PM

I'm with you Sachin, it seems like ump needs to be stopped to roll out the any ur reports.  Even then it doesn't seem to work 100% of the time.  Any thoughts/reasons as to why or work arounds?

Frazier

• 7.  Re: UR 404 error in UMP

Posted Oct 09, 2010 05:28 AM
    You have to use the new UR 1.5 install on the support site, which I'll get into the kit soon. Don't use the regular drag and drop of wasp_ur_reports and wasp_unified_reports that we're used to.

• 8.  Re: UR 404 error in UMP

Posted Oct 08, 2010 09:08 AM
    Great news Dustin, thanks! :-)

• 9.  RE: UR 404 error in UMP

Posted Mar 06, 2020 01:47 AM
    Hello All,

I'm facing issues with Unified Reports in the UMP page, the issue is whenever clicked on Reports and Unified Reports it shows blank page in the portal and unable to generate reports... However when logged in to the Jasper portal the same reports can be seen and extracted. Unable to understand what might be the issue...??
    All the users including Administrator having the same issue...

Any solutions for this issue... Raised case but no help as they close case by saying the version is end of support and i'm planning to upgrade the environment to higher version but that will take a little time hence untill then i need the resolution.

UIM version 8.4.7. Attaching the screenshot .

• 10.  RE: UR 404 error in UMP
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 06, 2020 07:42 AM
    Edited by Diane Craddock Mar 10, 2020 09:08 AM
    I can't tell from your screenshot, but to me it seems you don't have any portlet on the page. Are you sure it wasn't deleted by mistake?
    You can add it again from the Add->Portlet option on the top left. Search for UnifiedReports.

• 11.  RE: UR 404 error in UMP

Posted Mar 07, 2020 01:02 AM
    Hi Nitu,

Thank you so much , guess the portlet was deleted and i did not notice at all and your information resolved the issue... Thank you soooo much...

• 12.  RE: UR 404 error in UMP

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 06, 2020 09:36 AM
    why are you updating a thread from 2010?
    This will not be relevant to ANY current version
    please start a new thread

------------------------------
    Gene Howard
    Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------