DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  IBM_SVC, V7000

Posted Jun 03, 2015 11:28 AM

Is there an easy way in this Probe to configure the V7000 to get alarms for a drive/disk error??

I'm only intrested in the error-alarms that I alse receive in the notifications-email from the V7000. But on the Nimbus.

• 2.  Re: IBM_SVC, V7000

Posted Apr 11, 2018 06:57 AM

Hi,

I did not try this probe before. I send snmp traps and notification through v7000.

The traps is send to nas through snmptd probe with trap definition in  IBM-SVC-MIB.

As email notification is base on event notifications the traps is configure with similar severity (tsveETrap, tsveWTrap, tsveITrap) received.

I received a few time when "disk is offline / error count above threshold"  notifications and check the nas for traps alarms.

• 3.  Re: IBM_SVC, V7000

Posted Apr 11, 2018 08:57 AM

First off it may not be possible to get the exact same alarms as what the device itself sends.

As for an easy way, that is subjective. Setting up alarms is part of the probe configuration process, and documented here:

ibm_svc (IBM SVC Monitoring) - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 4.  Re: IBM_SVC, V7000

Posted Apr 12, 2018 04:38 AM

Setting up alarm is not a problem. The problem is that the most important stuff to monitor is not optional for monitoring.

I see this probe more as a function to gather statistics/performance of your storage.

Here is some really basic stuff that I would like to have in the probe:

IBM_SVC needs more to monitor 

• 5.  Re: IBM_SVC, V7000

Posted Apr 12, 2018 08:49 AM

I voted up the Idea.

• 6.  Re: IBM_SVC, V7000

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 28, 2018 05:58 AM

I voted up the idea too.