DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Spectrum process \ disk monitoring rules; an idea \ enhancement request - please ADD PRIORITY

Posted Oct 24, 2014 07:39 AM

Currently process \ disk monitoring rules are mutually exclusive, means only one rule must be configured against a model. If there are two rules applied, then the alert appears, which sounds like "conflicting rules".

This is not handy, as rules are applied to collections which are usually NOT mutually exclusive, for example, [all windows] and [windows 2008].

If i want to apply different rules for [windows] and [windows 2008], then i need to create an awkward subtracted collecction [all windows but not 2008], which is obviously not a nice way.

I suggest to add a custom parameter to rules - a priority. In case of clash, highest win.

Mind the fact that you already use priority in a particular case - for local rules. If there is a clash of local rule and a global rule, then local wins. Just expand such "priority compare" behavior to global rules relations.

• 2.  Re: Spectrum process \ disk monitoring rules; an idea \ enhancement request - please ADD PRIORITY

Posted Oct 24, 2014 07:51 AM

Hi Yuri,

You should post this as an Idea instead. That way people will be able to vote for it and it can go to the list of enhancement requests for product management.

Once you created the Idea, you put a link to it here so people who still come here will be able to easily find it.

Regards,

Michiel

• 3.  Re: Spectrum process \ disk monitoring rules; an idea \ enhancement request - please ADD PRIORITY

Posted Oct 24, 2014 06:03 PM

Hate to say it but buy Nimsoft for server monitoring.  Use the integration between Spectrum and Nimsoft.  Whalaah!