DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Authentication in Web Content portlets

Posted Feb 01, 2011 04:00 PM

Has anyone been able to successfully use authentication options in the webcontent portlet to sign-in to a site requiring a username and password?

We have a customer who would like to provide his customers with access to a site that requires authentication using the POST method. In the webcontent portlet configuration there are options to enable authentication.When enabled, a number of options become available, this is what we have configured:

Authentication Type: FORM

Form Method: POST

In the table below these options, are Fieldnames (which I tracked down using Firebug) and Values as follows:

User Name: user_name  |  Temp

Password:    password | Nimsoft

Saving the configuration and opening the Tab in UMP always results in the webpage opening at the Login screen, so it looks like the authentication information isn't feeding through.

One thing I did notice in the HTML code of the website is that there is a flag action = "/login" set along with the form method.

So everything in the configuration matches the HTML except for the "/login action

<form method="POST" action="/login">

I've included screenshots in the attachments showing the WebContent configuration and the html code of the customer's site using firebug.

Jay

• 2.  Re: Authentication in Web Content portlets

Posted Feb 01, 2011 05:18 PM

Jay,

I think the action parameter in an HTML form indicates the URL that a submit of the form invokes. Are you using /login in your POST URL? If not, you might want to try it and see what happens.

-Keith

• 3.  Re: Authentication in Web Content portlets

Posted Feb 01, 2011 06:26 PM

Hey Keith, thanks for your post, not sure if I understand how to do this, if you mean appending /login to the url, then that does't work.

j

• 4.  Re: Authentication in Web Content portlets

Posted Feb 01, 2011 06:28 PM

That was exactly what I meant. Bummer. :smileysad:

What is the URL you are using now? Is /login the only path part of the URL following the hostname? I think that is how it should be.

Does it fail in more or less the same way as the other URL?

-Keith

• 5.  Re: Authentication in Web Content portlets

Posted Feb 01, 2011 06:50 PM

You can try it out if you like, the customer has provided us with a temp account.

https://cloudcontrol.swisscloud.com

User is Temp, pass is Nimsoft

When you login, the url redirects to

/modules/hosting/

• 6.  Re: Authentication in Web Content portlets

Posted Feb 02, 2011 03:21 PM
    Got it!

The customer ended up calling the vendor who gave them the solution.

in this case, there appears to be a need to use the hidden variable field.

We had to define the variable login=Login

A wild stab in the dark here but looking at page with firebug, the login button element is defined as type=submit, name=login, value=Login. The connection is tenuous at best but I guess with out telling the config what the submit method/element is it can't actually submit the values in the form.