DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Creating a table in SDP with interface_traffic information

Posted Apr 17, 2010 03:46 AM

I'm trying to build a table that will display the interface description in one of the columns.  The trouble is it seems that I can only do this with a probe request.  To make matters worse I have to set the arguments for the probe request to be a specific host.  I need a table that shows all of the hosts and their interface description.  Is there any way to do this?  Thanks. 

• 2.  Re: Creating a table in SDP with interface_traffic information

Posted Apr 17, 2010 07:31 AM

If you cannot find a way to get what you need from the interface_traffic probe, you could write a custom probe that does nothing but parse interface_traffic.cfg and return the info you want when it receives a callback. That should be reasonably easy to do in Lua with the NSA. By controlling what the probe returns, hopefully you could get exactly what the SDP needs.

-Keith

• 3.  Re: Creating a table in SDP with interface_traffic information

Posted Apr 19, 2010 12:14 PM

A simple query to cm_computer_system and cm_snmp_interface would do the trick if it is discovered by the discovery_agent

select cs.name,si.if_name,si.if_alias,si.if_descr from cm_snmp_interface si, cm_computer_system cs WHERE cs.cs_id = si.cs_id

If not discovered, then the probe solution is one way to go.