DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Trap director cache

Posted Nov 12, 2014 08:25 AM

Hi

Does anyone know how to view the contents of the Trap Director cache in Spectrum?

On a previous support call I was given a number of actions (using CLI update) to dump the contents of the cache to VNM.OUT but not sure this dumps everything.

0x00010249: Prints out the table of known IP addresses

0x0001024a: Prints out the table of known Spectrum addresses (includes SDM address)

I have tried these on a landscape configured as a Trap Director and they only output a list of local model handles. In fact in for both actions the output is the same.

There are no remote model handles listed and I'm confident this server is forwarding traps as the attribute alert_remote_fwd_success is increasing by approx 10-15 per second.

Anyone able to shed some light?

Thanks, John

NOTE: Spectrum version is 9.2.1

• 2.  Re: Trap director cache
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 12, 2014 09:59 AM

Hi John,

To dump the cache information on 9.2.1, you can use the following action codes.  You may need to run these on BOTH the trap directory and/or the remote box depending on what you are looking for.

0x00010247
    This action will dump the alert tables, so that you can check which trap OIDs are registered for (by what model types), which events are generated for them, and which varbinds will be included

0x00010248
    This action will show you which IP addresses are registered for, so you will be able to check on which model(s) traps from these addresses will end up.

0x0001011c
    This action will dump statistics about remote models found during trap/event forwarding, and counters about how many items were forwarded to them.

0x00010291
    Dump alert manager statistics, like how many traps received/processed, plus some more counters covering remote trap forwarding

In Spectrum 9.2.3 and above, you can actually turn on the Alert Manager Debug via the Dynamic Debugging on the VNM and you can print the contents of the cache from the Trap Management subview off the VNM:

trap_info.PNG

Hope that helps

Jay

• 3.  Re: Trap director cache

Posted Nov 13, 2014 10:11 AM

Thanks Jason

Code 0x1011c is what I needed.

John