DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  ADA to SOI Integration - No application events

Posted Apr 17, 2014 04:35 PM

I'm trying to configure ADA to send events to SOI for processing prior to ticketing.  I have ADA 9.2 installed and NetQoS Performance Center 6.1.  SOI is 3.2 SP1.  In addition, I have installed the latest NetQoS Connector for SOI and am getting events into SOI from the NPC.  However, I am only receiving events related to network and server performance.  I want to be able to get application level events as well.  Despite the fact that incidents are being generated in ADA for applications, they are not appearing in the NPC Event List, so I believe the issue is between ADA and NPC.  Do I need to set up SNMP incident responses for application incidents in ADA?  I didn't have to do that for network or server incidents.

• 2.  Re: [CA Application Delivery Analysis] ADA to SOI Integration - No applicat
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 17, 2014 04:40 PM
    They're actually not generated by design. ADA displays what we might think
    are 'application events' but they're really just server or network
    incidents filtered by the application they affect. TTT and DTT, while used
    as the primary indicators of application performance don't actually open
    incidents themselves. So, there is nothing to send to NPC and therefore
    nothing to send to SOI. There's a graphic that details it, but i don't have
    it with me. I can post it tonight.

• 3.  RE: Re: [CA Application Delivery Analysis] ADA to SOI Integration - No appl

Posted Apr 17, 2014 05:09 PM

Ah, that makes some sense.  Thanks.  In that case, what happens when I configure an ADA application to have availability monitoring enabled but have checked the box for servers in a load balanced farm?  Will I get an incident on a particular server (or all of them) if the app is unavailable on the particular port the application is configured for?  We were hoping to be able to alert on application availability and know if it was the application port that was at issue.  Realizing this is a bit beyond the scope of this community, what's the best way to tie the event to an application in SOI ... manual construction of the service model?

• 4.  Re: [CA Application Delivery Analysis] RE: Re: [CA Application Delivery Ana

Posted Apr 18, 2014 09:01 AM
    Application availability wouldn't generate events. It only comes into play
    for availability SLAs. You can view the data, but no way to alarm on it as
    far as I know.

• 5.  RE: Re: [CA Application Delivery Analysis] RE: Re: [CA Application Delivery

Posted Apr 18, 2014 01:52 PM

Ok, thanks so much for you time, Stuart!