DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Cabi Dashboards

Posted Jun 04, 2019 10:31 AM
    Edited by Solomon Melamed Jun 04, 2019 10:40 AM
    Hello All,

I am trying create a dashboard in Cabi with few lines, but in source i see UIM Single Qos Topic, and i need data from of different QoS in One Dashboard.

Question -  How do I create a graph with multiple lines

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Cabi Dashboards

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 04, 2019 02:39 PM
    Check out the CA Business Intelligence Dashboards->(Optional) Create a Custom Dashboard Wiki page.  The third bullet under Item #2 in the Create a Custom Dashboard section of this Wiki document indicates that you should  select UIM Metric Topic to create a view with data from multiple metrics and devices.

------------------------------
    Kathy Maguire
    Technical Support Engineer 4
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: Cabi Dashboards

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 04, 2019 02:39 PM
    Solomon -

Check out the CA Business Intelligence Dashboards->(Optional) Create a Custom Dashboard Wiki document.  The third bullet under item #2 indicates that ​you should select UIM Metric Topic to create a view with data from multiple metrics and devices.

Kathy Maguire
    Technical Support Engineer 4
    Broadcom

• 4.  RE: Cabi Dashboards

Posted Jun 05, 2019 08:05 AM
    Edited by Solomon Melamed Jun 05, 2019 09:07 AM
    How can I progress from this screen to graphs?

• 5.  RE: Cabi Dashboards

Posted Jun 05, 2019 05:04 PM
    A minor point but it is confusing at least to me when the question is on making a Dashboard and the image provided is for a View.
    Note, Selected devices is 0.
    Did you try clicking OK?
    In my lab the color of the buttons does not change, and clicking OK proceeds to the view creation.

Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 6.  RE: Cabi Dashboards

Posted Jun 12, 2019 05:50 PM
    copied from a message sent to me:
    My issue is that I can chose a device on the UIM Single Qos Topic but I can't in the UIM Metrics Topic.

What needs to be done in order to see the devices in the UIM Metrics Topic (multiple) option?

Thanks,
    Solomon

This is determined via the 'Select Group', instead of the aggregate '... | CUSTOMERS', pick a specific group and it will show the devices in that group.

Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 7.  RE: Cabi Dashboards
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 13, 2019 02:14 AM
    I managed to do a multigraph.
    Thank you

• 8.  RE: Cabi Dashboards

Posted Jul 05, 2019 08:28 AM
    So when I have selected my group and then my devices in that group, I then have to select Metrics. I look at the Metrics and either they are not all listed or they are called something else. With the basic example I am doing I am just using the Net_Connect probe. The QOS for the ping of each devices. It either returns a 1 or a 0. 

Why is it that this is not one of the metric selections? I cant even find it no matter what devices I choose, however in the UMP I have dasbhaords and can create List view and PRD views with this QOS and metric?

IT Administrator

• 9.  RE: Cabi Dashboards

Posted Jul 05, 2019 11:16 AM
    Thing about using a pre-existing thread for a new question is that the natural thing is to accept that the update was providing further help for the existing thread rather than something new, so is to be ignored. 

The net_connect metrics page doesn't show a qos with 'ping' in the name. Anyways my lab has QOS_NET_CONNECT enabled and an ad hoc view 'UIM Single Qos Topic' uses the same name as PRD and 'UIM Metrics Topic' uses what seems to be a related one.

Support Engineer
    Broadcom