IT Process Automation

View Only
  • 1.  HTTP PUT method of CA Service Desk Manager REST API running for ever

Posted Nov 02, 2018 07:56 AM

Hi Community,

Process Automation 04.3.03
    CA Service Desk Manager 17.1
    REST API

We have a PAM Process to update SDM ticket, when the time of execution of the process if the ticket is in edit mode(someone is editing the ticket), the process is in running state forever on PUT method operation, even after the ticked is saved(not in edit mode).

how to handle this exception?

Note : In soap update_incident operation if the ticket is in edit mode the update operation throws an exception but with the SDM REST API PUT method is running for ever and no exception to handle.

Thank you,
    Venkat

• 2.  Re: HTTP PUT method of CA Service Desk Manager REST API running for ever

Posted Nov 02, 2018 05:49 PM

I wonder if you could handle it with a Timeout in the Operator?

• 3.  Re: HTTP PUT method of CA Service Desk Manager REST API running for ever

Posted Nov 03, 2018 12:56 PM

You might want to open a case with CA. This hasn’t been the behavior that I’ve seen. I’ve tested put operations recently when an object (wf) is in edit mode and they continue successfully right after the user checks it in.

• 4.  Re: HTTP PUT method of CA Service Desk Manager REST API running for ever
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 21, 2018 08:27 AM

i will see what best can be done to counter this exception. If required i will create a support case.