IT Process Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Using createRequest method

Posted Jun 29, 2018 04:35 PM

Hello,

I'm using the createRequest method of Service Desk web service to create a request. I need to pass the web service the attributes and values for the request and also the properties and its values.'

I created an array with the variables of the process and i set them of the dynamic parameteres.

The process is returning this:

The interpreted datatype of the value in value does not match the destination datatype.

Any suggestions?

Regards.

• 2.  Re: Using createRequest method
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 01, 2018 10:21 PM

The dynamic parameter expects a string rather than an array.  You can add variables to your 'inline text' either individually, e.g.

... in which case you would specify 'parent__', 'base_template__' etc as individual dynamic parameters,

or as a concatenated string, e.g.

... which you would build by concatenating '<string>', label, '</string>', '<string>', value, '</string>', and so on, instead of building an array.  In this case you should probably set the type of the dynamic parameter to 'XML fragment' rather than 'string'.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

James

• 3.  Re: Using createRequest method

Posted Jul 05, 2018 08:13 AM

You can always join your array and store it into Process.SDattrVals :

var SDattrVals = ["attr1","val1","attr2","val2"];
    Process.SDattrVals = SDattrVals.join("</string><string>");

Since the starting "<string" and the ending "</string>" are already present in the inline text around "string__", you only need to provide the "<string>" tags that go between the array element, as James explained.