IT Process Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

Taking PAM ValueMap and accessing from IRF

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  Taking PAM ValueMap and accessing from IRF

Posted 05-17-2018 11:33 AM

Greetings!

I have been spinning my wheels trying to get this figured out.

I have a PAM process that is getting form data and placing it in a ValueMap. Some of these values are Boolean to represent checkboxes selected or not. I need to pass that information into an IRF for a manager to approve the form.

I started down the path of setting the values in the IRF from the assign_user_task form data initialization code. For the textboxes this worked just fine. Once I got to the checkboxes however, I realized I could not check the boxes (to my knowledge) from the initialization. So I am looking to find a way to get the ValueMap into the IRF script code for further processing. I have found a post here: Setting table values on an IRF  showing how to pass an array, but I'm not seeing how I can use this to pass a ValueMap in. Trying to access the ValueMap by Key and Value (both upper and lower V) does not result in a table being populated.

I also found this post: How to Feed Interaction form with array data during form initialization?  but likewise could not find a way to make it work.

Thanks much for any replies.

• 2.  Re: Taking PAM ValueMap and accessing from IRF
    Best Answer

Posted 05-23-2018 08:40 AM

Hi James,

I'm not sure what version you are on, but there was a recent defect fix concerning IRFs and initializing checkboxes that was included in the Cumulative Patch 02 released for version 4.3SP2.  If you are interested you can access this patch from support.ca.com.

• 3.  Re: Taking PAM ValueMap and accessing from IRF

Posted 05-23-2018 09:47 AM

Thank you much for the reply. I feel rather dumb as I hadn't tried setting the value to true of false in the form init. I am now able to adjust the checkboxes as needed. I also used this line in the script of the form:

ca_pam_hideField('Form.cb1', !ca_pam_isSelectedCheckBox('Form.cb1'));

to hide a checkbox if it is not selected. All works well.

Thank you again.