IT Process Automation

View Only
  • 1.  PAM and OpenStack and OpenShift

Posted Feb 27, 2018 12:51 PM

Is there a ready or under construction integration of PAM with OpenStack and OpenShift?

• 2.  Re: PAM and OpenStack and OpenShift

Posted Feb 27, 2018 02:10 PM

Hi Everton

We recently had a roadmap presentation by our Process Automation product manager but I don't recall anything that mentioned OpenStack or OpenShift .
    I will go back and review the presentation to make sure I didn't miss anything but I believe that there was no plan in place to provide an integration to the above.

Bu i'll confirm within the next 24 hours.

Thanks 

• 3.  Re: PAM and OpenStack and OpenShift

Posted Feb 27, 2018 02:19 PM

Glad I checked ........ yes, I did miss something, there is a section on the roadmap entitled 'initiatives under consideration' and within there is a reference to OpenStack (but other than that, no additional detail). 
    I will reach out to the PM and try to get as much detail as I can on our plan for this Cloud capability.
    I should be able to provide some feedback for you before end of day on Wednesday February 28th.
    Please bear in mind however that this initiative is still under consideration, so may not actually come to fruition, based on the demand we get from our customer base for this capability. 
    But i'll try to get as much info as I can based on what we know now.
    Thanks and kind regards 

• 4.  Re: PAM and OpenStack and OpenShift
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 01, 2018 06:26 AM

Hi Everton

Apologies for the delay in responding but I needed to reach out to the product manager for an update on our roadmap document as it pertains to our corporate cloud strategy.
    Having done so, I regret to inform you that we have no plans yet to incorporate OpenStack or OpenShift support in any upcoming releases of CA Process Automation, although we are planning a certification for AWS in our next (post r4.3 SP3) release.

The reason that we have not decided to implement OpenStack/Shift certification is due to an absence of demand for our Process Automation customer base to date. However, one way to identify if any demand exists would be for you to open up an item in our ideas section of the CA PA community, requesting support, so that we can then gauge how much demand there is out there for this capability based on the number of responses we get in favor of such a certification.
    So could I please ask you to do that and we can then make an assessment of how  much demand there is out there for this capability.

I'm sorry that we are not able to provide a more positive response back at this time, but please follow the above and we may (f demand exists) be able to add this in some future release. 
    I hope this helps.

Thanks and kind regards