IT Process Automation

View Only
  • 1.  PAM, 254 Character Limit on Event Email Body

Posted Feb 07, 2018 07:29 PM

Hey all,

PAM when attempting to send an email is giving me a notice that there is a 254 character limit on the event email body. That I cannot add additional characters. There is a knowledge base article that appears to cover this exact problem.

http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/TEC1152577.aspx 
    TEC1152577

But I cannot appear to access this information. Based upon what I have found in my searching it appears that I need to change a value somewhere that will allow me to input additional characters into this field. But I cannot locate which value in fact needs to be adjusted to accomplish this. 

Your help is appreciated!

Thank You

• 2.  Re: PAM, 254 Character Limit on Event Email Body

Posted Feb 08, 2018 07:22 AM

Hi Jordan,

You have to edit the SRF
    Go to the form, select the Email message and modify the Email message (the max length is on the right side of the screen)
    After that save the change and check-in the form

Hope it helps

• 3.  Re: PAM, 254 Character Limit on Event Email Body

Posted Feb 08, 2018 06:35 PM

I do not seem to be able to find anything from within the SRF that speaks to the email message?

This is when I define the email message within the Send_Email_1 call within the process, not the SRF. Unless these are connected? But given I get the error in the process flow I'm thinking the issue is there?

• 4.  Re: PAM, 254 Character Limit on Event Email Body
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 09, 2018 09:49 AM

That field is limited to 254 characters and as far as I am aware cannot be increased.  But that is not a limitation on the body of the email, you will just need to store your email body in a dataset and call it with a variable. 

There are limits on the overall size of a dataset, by default you cannot store more than 2mb, but in a quick test I sent just under 6000 characters through email using this method.