IT Process Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Only View Role

Posted Feb 06, 2018 11:08 AM

Hello Community,

I'll like to know if there's the possibility to create a role for PAM that has only view access on the software.

Regards.

• 2.  Re: Only View Role
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 06, 2018 02:25 PM

Hi Jason,

Pam's permission are set by EEM, and you can create a custom EEM group that meet your need. I had to do something like that on a client, that wanted some folks to only have view access to running processes. 

https://docops.ca.com/ca-process-automation/4-3/en/administrating/administer-components/administer-advanced-ca-eem-security/customize-user-access-with-ca-eem-policies/customize-access-for-a-specified-user/set-up-designer-specific-folders

Checkout the documentation on this:

Customize Access for a Specified User - CA Process Automation - 4.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

I don't know exactly what you mean by view access on the software, but if you want to let a user just to see running processes (my case), you create a new application group (Create a Custom Group - CA Process Automation - 4.3 - CA Technologies Documentation )

and on process control policy, do something like this:

So My custom group is the last one, I set that anyone from this group can only monitor processes.

#eempermissions