IT Process Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Memory Utilization

Posted Feb 16, 2017 09:51 AM

Hi,

I want to achieve the task using ITPAM. Please suggest on this.

"How to Monitor Utilization, identify top processes and assign to Support team".

Thanks,
    Amala

• 2.  Re: Memory Utilization

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 16, 2017 11:26 AM

You want to report on the running process instances and assign them to someone, or are you asking about assigning some external applications processes to support folks?

Can you please elaborate on what you are trying to accomplish and what applications are involved?   

• 3.  Re: Memory Utilization

Posted Feb 16, 2017 12:16 PM

I want to identity other application processes cpu/memory utilization and assign a ticket to support team.

We are using ITPAM 4.2 & Spectrum, CA Service Desk.

• 4.  Re: Memory Utilization

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 16, 2017 12:51 PM

Neither Service Desk nor Process Automation can monitor your CPU and Memory usage, though you could design a Process that query the command line for resource usage; for example:

C:>wmic cpu get loadpercentage /format:value
    LoadPercentage=24

I am not familiar enough with Spectrum for specific details, but it does have alarms and there is a connector for getting this information into a process

https://docops.ca.com/ca-process-automation-connectors/1-0/en/ca-process-automation-connector-for-ca-spectrum-4-3-1

Do you have the spectrum connector installed?

• 5.  Re: Memory Utilization

Posted Feb 17, 2017 09:04 AM

Thanks for the reply.

We are developing the script to identity top process. So i have designed the process that use run script operator to execute the script in the target machine.

But how to save the output in the dataset variable in the process and with that i can use webservice in the process to create ticket in service desk.

Please suggest.

• 6.  Re: Memory Utilization
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 17, 2017 09:27 AM

The script Run Script operator has a couple of options what to do with the script results as the application doesn't always need results back from a script to continue.  

Under the Script Attributes check "Post output to Dataset variable"

The output will be saved under a variable named scriptOutput.

• 7.  Re: Memory Utilization

Posted Feb 19, 2017 03:08 PM

I'm probably missing something important here, but why wouldn't you let Spectrum trigger an incident in SDM based on certain criteria's on the monitoring side that are in place when you want to then further investigate top processes?

You could then use the SDM incident to trigger Process Automation to run the scripts, etc. in order to pull the extra information and then update the incident with extra information extracted.

John

• 8.  Re: Memory Utilization

Posted May 12, 2017 07:28 AM

Hi John,

What level of check and and action i need to define in the process. 

Thanks,

Amala