IT Process Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Best approach to process the soap message output

Posted Mar 16, 2017 06:21 AM

Hello Community,
    we have a service catalog request form and it consists of row structure to fill in the information, User can select more than one row and fill in the values.We are using the process automation to create request tickets in CA Service Desk Manager, each row of data in Service catalog request, have to create a new request in Service Desk.

Let's take an example where there are 5 rows present in the service catalog request the process automation has to create corresponding 5 request tickets in Service Desk.

In my code design I'm using the 'FOR' loop to retrieve the form values from soap response, but sometimes if there is an undefined value or if the array doesn't have the value my process are failing to complete successfully.

I'm sure I will get the best practices and suggestion on this to handle. waiting for the responses.

Thank you,
    Venkat

• 2.  Re: Best approach to process the soap message output
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 16, 2017 01:54 PM

From what you describe it sounds like you have a set of different data for each of the 'five' different rows but only have 1 set of data conditions to open the service desk ticket.  

Basically if it is complaining that a value is not defined you will need to define it earlier in the process, or write the process in a way that these items are not required, only updated if they exist.