IT Process Automation

View Only
  • 1.  executing a cmd command using ITPAM

Posted Dec 07, 2015 08:30 AM

Hi, I have been trying to run a command on a server within our network. The command runs fine from my desktop using cmd but whenever I use ITPAM I get a "message could not  be posted to the node" error. Please help

• 2.  Re: executing a cmd command using ITPAM
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 07, 2015 12:08 PM

"message could not  be posted to the node" indicates PAM attempted to reach out to a remote server, but could not for a generic reason of some kind.  We often see this with Agents when the Agent communication is not working properly, and often times see this with Web Service calls when the provided details appear formatted correctly, but we do not get a recognizable response back.

So to begin tracking this down you need to review how you are issuing this command - are you using an Agent and attempting to run this command on the remote server?

If you are just opening a command line and attempting to issue a command across a network connection then 'Local System' is likely not authorized to access remote systems and you will need to start the Orchestrator Service as an admin user with rights to reach across network drives.