IT Process Automation

View Only
  • 1.  MS SQL 2014 AlwaysOn Availability Group for PAM 4.3.1

Posted Nov 30, 2016 01:13 PM

Hi All,

Now that PAM 4.3.1  supports MS sql 2014 , like to know if  it also support  AlwaysOn Availability Group and  it's multiSubnetFailover option.

PAM 4.3.1 seems use JDBC  jtds-1.3.1.jar [ windows 2012]

NOTE: Similar old discussion on PAM 4.2x and ms sql 2012 tells it was not supported then.

Thanks.

Sh

• 2.  Re: MS SQL 2014 AlwaysOn Availability Group for PAM 4.3.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 30, 2016 01:18 PM

We are using the same jtds-1.3.1.jar file which does not support this. 

Please open an idea to get this functionality reviewed for a future release.

https://communities.ca.com/community/ca-process-automation/content?filterID=contentstatus%5Bpublished%5D~objecttype~objecttype%5Bidea%5D

• 3.  Re: MS SQL 2014 AlwaysOn Availability Group for PAM 4.3.1

Posted Nov 30, 2016 02:02 PM

Maybe it would be helpful if CA didn't say that AOAG should work with this product.  Mark Stricker told us it would on 8/4 and we've wasted several months as a result.

• 4.  Re: MS SQL 2014 AlwaysOn Availability Group for PAM 4.3.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 30, 2016 02:52 PM

Derek, can you please provide where we indicate that this should work?  

As far as I understand this, the JDTS driver we provide is not compatible with this feature. 

From my research this new feature in MS SQL 2014 requires new functionality which was added into the 4.0 JDBC driver from Microsoft:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg558121(v=sql.110).aspx

"Beginning in version 4.0 of the Microsoft JDBC Driver for SQL Server, you can specify the availability group listener...

The following connection properties were added in Microsoft JDBC Driver 4.0 for SQL Server:

• multiSubnetFailover

• applicationIntent

Neither property is supported through the JDTS driver which is built from the 3.0 version of the MS JDBC driver.

http://jtds.sourceforge.net/faq.html

Mark Stricker is a services architect, they are there to deploy into environments that are outside normal configurations that are not certified and they maybe able to help you with this.

• 5.  Re: MS SQL 2014 AlwaysOn Availability Group for PAM 4.3.1

Posted Nov 30, 2016 03:02 PM

I already told you.  Mark Stricker, who works for you as a Services Architect is spewing this information.  If it is bad information, and according to you it is, the conversation should be between you and him so bogus information isn't being relayed.  I don't feel it is appropriate for me as a customer to serve as a liaison between two people within the same company.

• 6.  Re: MS SQL 2014 AlwaysOn Availability Group for PAM 4.3.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 30, 2016 04:42 PM

Thank you Derek.  I have already followed up with Mark internally; I simply wanted to verify that this was not documented anywhere which would need to be updated.

I have created an IDEA to have this reviewed for implementation in a future release:

IDEA: MS SQL 2014 AlwaysOn Availability Group support.