IT Process Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

CA-ITPAM rest API

• 1.  CA-ITPAM rest API

Posted Jan 30, 2017 08:37 PM

hi I would like to check if ITPAM support rest API. I need to use an external system to call itpam to Start, abort, suspend, and resume a CA Process Automation process.

• 2.  Re: CA-ITPAM rest API
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 31, 2017 08:39 AM

Process Automation has a REST API.  Please see the documentation HERE for more details.

• 3.  Re: CA-ITPAM rest API

Posted Jan 31, 2017 08:48 AM

Hi,

As on today, PAM supports REST API via catalyst container. Please refer below documentation.

Catalyst Process Automation Services - CA Process Automation - 4.3.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

However, as part of current release (PAM 4.3 SP02) we are building Open REST API which is targeted for mid April'17. Please do reach out to me if you would like to validate this feature in your environment and I can share the beta build accordingly.

Thanks

Vinay

• 4.  Re: CA-ITPAM rest API

Posted Feb 01, 2017 10:45 PM

hi Vinay, sure i would like to test out the feature in our environment, how should i reach out to you when the rest API is built?

• 5.  Re: CA-ITPAM rest API

Posted Apr 05, 2017 04:55 PM

Hi,

with PAM 4.3 SP02, will we have REST API compatible with java 1.8?

• 6.  Re: CA-ITPAM rest API

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 05, 2017 05:02 PM

We will need to wait for Vinay for an official response but we are replacing the engine that serves the REST API in version 4.3 SP2, and I expect that it will be compatible with Java 8.

• 7.  Re: CA-ITPAM rest API

Posted Apr 06, 2017 04:47 AM

That's right. Our new REST API's will be compatible with Java 8 and also REST requests will be load balanced which was one of our limitation in earlier releases. 

Thanks

Vinay

• 8.  Re: CA-ITPAM rest API

Posted Feb 02, 2017 08:30 AM

Hi Yong Hoe Loo,

Thanks for the interest. I will keep you posted on the feature progress and share the beta build as soon as it is available.

Hope that works.

Regards

Vinay

• 9.  Re: CA-ITPAM rest API

Posted Feb 15, 2017 06:22 AM

Hi Yong Hoe Loo,

Thank you for your interest in our beta programs. We'd like to invite you to join the project PAM 4.3 SP02 Validation. This beta will allow you to use an early version of our product and help improve it through your feedback.

Once you sign in the NDA using the above link, you will be directed to few validation resources viz., 4.3 SP02 media download link, System requirements and Features planned for this release. Please download the media in your environment and proceed with validation of Open API feature.

Feel free to reach out to me in case you need more information.

Thanks

Vinay

• 10.  Re: CA-ITPAM rest API

Posted Feb 21, 2017 04:26 AM

Hi Yong Hoe Loo,

Did you get a chance to download the build and validate the Open API feature ?

Please reach out to me in case you need any help.

Thanks

Vinay

• 11.  Re: CA-ITPAM rest API

Posted Nov 16, 2017 01:25 PM

Hi Guys,

Now that ITPAM has REST API, anyone got a sample code (XML) to obtain the 'access token' for this?

===

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 12.  Re: CA-ITPAM rest API

Posted Nov 16, 2017 02:16 PM

Hi Brian,

would this help you?

Example: REST POST Method - CA Process Automation - 04.3.02 - CA Technologies Documentation 

or also

CA Process Automation Open REST APIs - CA Process Automation - 04.3.02 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Otherwise, you can create using the rest documentation and Postman a quick example. It can export the call to a bunch of different languages

• 13.  Re: CA-ITPAM rest API

Posted Nov 17, 2017 04:22 AM

Hi Marcel,

I know that I can possibly use Postman to get the 'access token', can you let me know what is the ITPAM wadl\wsdl URL I need to put in Postman for the GET operation I need to run?

===

Kind Regards,

Brian