IT Process Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Operator Running But Process not running..ITPAM Slow

• 1.  Operator Running But Process not running..ITPAM Slow

Posted Oct 12, 2015 05:59 AM

Hi,

ITPAM in my environment is very slow. So when we went to Operations tab, we found that there are many Operators are in running stage (more than 7000) but the process related to that operator is already aborted. Probably this is the reason for slow ITPAM.

Any troubleshooting suggestions?

• 2.  Re: Operator Running But Process not running..ITPAM Slow
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 13, 2015 09:25 AM

This was a problem in earlier versions (I believe 4.1 and prior) but was corrected in the latest releases (4.2SP2 or 4.3).  Depending on the version of PAM you are using I would recommend upgrading.

• 3.  Re: Operator Running But Process not running..ITPAM Slow

Posted Jun 28, 2016 04:13 PM

I'm running into a similar situation but I have recently aborted and deleted archived instances and still am running into slow performance. Operations are sitting in que for an abnormal amount of time. This simple java script that sets a the process variable has been running for 6 mins:

We're running:

Version: 4.2

Build: 4.2.300 SP02 - Apr 5, 2015 12:29:21 PM

Can you confirm which version of PAM was patched for this?

• 4.  Re: Operator Running But Process not running..ITPAM Slow

Posted Mar 03, 2017 12:16 PM

Looks like this is still a known issue even with 4.3. Abort Process UI Issue - CA Process Automation - 4.3.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

We are running 4.3.1 with the latest hotfixes and it is still happening. If you try to run the process again, the process runs fine until it gets to the operator which is still running from the previous aborted instance. The new process just keeps running indefinitely and stuck at the point when it was aborted previously.

There are currently no workarounds mentioned in the CA documentation. One thing we found to work is to recreate the entire process by copying and pasting it at the parent folder level. This way, I think all the references are recreated in PAM's runtime database. Now, when you rerun the new process, it just runs fine. Hope this helps.

• 5.  Re: Operator Running But Process not running..ITPAM Slow

Posted Apr 07, 2017 01:06 PM

these kinds of workaround certainly do not leave me with a warm and fuzzy feeling :-/   

• 6.  Re: Operator Running But Process not running..ITPAM Slow

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 07, 2017 01:14 PM

I encourage you to open a support case,if you continue to have operators hang for seemingly no reason, to look into this in more detail, or for any other performance related issues you are facing.

• 7.  Re: Operator Running But Process not running..ITPAM Slow

Posted Apr 10, 2017 01:12 PM

j.barger:
    Were you able to find a solution for this?

We have opened a support ticket since 2 months ago for this same problem but still cannot find a solution.

• 8.  Re: Operator Running But Process not running..ITPAM Slow

Posted Apr 10, 2017 01:39 PM

Our issue was a configuration typo that caused problems only came around when we were communicating with agents. I would have support take a look at your config and see if they see any issues.  

• 9.  Re: Operator Running But Process not running..ITPAM Slow

Posted Oct 30, 2018 01:58 PM

We're still seeing this problem on our platform. Specifically with scheduled processes. Operators are still running but the associated processes have long since shut down. I thought this was supposed to be fixed?

• 10.  Re: Operator Running But Process not running..ITPAM Slow

Posted Oct 31, 2018 10:25 AM

Hello,

To answer your question, but for me it is not exactly the same problem than the initial post..

This bug concerns scheduled processes and for me it is only noticed with PAM 4.3.2, and not in the previous versions. It concerns the scheduled item which launch the process, and which is still marked as Running state in the Operators pane or in the Global Schedules pane, though the associated process has completed.

Do not know if this bug is solved in 4.3.2 CP03, but we encountered this issue with 4.3.2 and were provided with hot fix HF03 (Fixed issue Defect ID 00949104 Scheduled Processes still Running).

For information, at the time we were provided with HF03 (around end of march i believe), that fix could be applied against either CA PAM 4.3 SP02 or CA PAM 4.3 SP02 CP01 or CA PAM 4.3 SP02 HF01 or CA PAM 4.3 SP02 HF02.

For me it is solved in 4.3.3.

Best regards,

Vincent

• 11.  Re: Operator Running But Process not running..ITPAM Slow

Posted Nov 05, 2018 12:33 PM

Mine are also in regards to scheduled processes. 

• 12.  Re: Operator Running But Process not running..ITPAM Slow

Posted Nov 06, 2018 04:09 AM

I would assume that the bug should be solved in CP03.

You can check in the list of fixed issues of CP03, and check whether you still notice the problem with new schedules. You can for example check in the Global Schedules link in Operations tab if the scheduled processes of today that have completed are marked as completed.

In that case, it might just be a matter of purging the runtime database with the old scheduled items.