IT Process Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Ca ITPAM process failed due to deadlock

Posted Aug 25, 2016 07:34 AM

HI,

I am facing an issue in update item status operator which get failed with below error message:

soapenv:Server.generalException

Exception occurred in updateRequestItemStatus: Exception=com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Transaction (Process ID 239) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction. Message=Transaction (Process ID 239) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.

com.ca.usm.soap.axisInterfaces.WebServiceException

Any one has come across this issue??

• 2.  Re: Ca ITPAM process failed due to deadlock
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 26, 2016 09:42 AM

This has happened to me on several occasions and more often than not its triggered by having the ticket open in service desk and then interacting with it in Process Automation. I've also done this to myself during testing. Typically I'll be testing a workflow and not watch what operators have been closed or exited completely. If those operators did anything with a Object in service desk it will hold the connection to the database/object record open (even if it's hung or blocked). Then when you run another process or test against the same process, it'll run into the locked record and you get this error. Check to make sure processes that have interacted with the record are fully shut down and try it again. They can be found under your operations tab. 

Hopefully this is of some help to you.