IT Process Automation

View Only
  • 1.  PAM-Changes in Global Dataset

Posted Jun 12, 2015 02:36 AM

Hi All,

I tried changing the login user credentials of our development environment PAM.

I did the below steps:

1. Gave PAMadmins group in EEM.

2. Gave administrator role in SDM and Catalog.

3. Changed the configuration in administrtor tab of Catalog (Service desk configuration and PAM configuration)

4. Finally changed the login user details of SDM and SLCM globaldataset in ITPAM.

After the changes are done, recycled the services of PAM and Catalog. However when I trigger a PAM Process, it fails at login operator with error message 'Invalid Username and Password'.

Not sure, where i have missed the changes. Kindly assist on same.

Thanks,

Saranya P

• 2.  Re: PAM-Changes in Global Dataset

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 15, 2015 07:56 AM

Looks to me like a problem with your EEM configuration. Are you able to log in to PAM web UI with those credentials?

• 3.  Re: PAM-Changes in Global Dataset

Posted Jun 16, 2015 05:40 AM

Hi Lokesh,

Yes, I am able to login PAM with the new admin user credentials.

• 4.  Re: PAM-Changes in Global Dataset

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 15, 2015 09:01 AM

In addition to giving the user the PAMAdmins group in EEM, you must also give this use the PAMUsers group.

The PAMUsers group is the group that has the login check.

See if that makes a difference for you.

• 5.  Re: PAM-Changes in Global Dataset

Posted Jun 16, 2015 05:42 AM

Thanks Jennifer, The user has PAMUser, Designer, PAMAdmin and Production User roles in EEM.

• 6.  Re: PAM-Changes in Global Dataset

Posted Jun 17, 2015 02:20 AM

Hi Saranya,

What login operator are you referring to here. Is this Catalog Login or Service Desk Login operator ?

Also as part of the process instance can you check if the updated user credentails are been captured from Global Dataset.

• 7.  Re: PAM-Changes in Global Dataset

Posted Jun 18, 2015 02:15 AM

Hi Shashank,

Yes the catalog login SOAP operator fails. And yes, the login parameters are passed as input fields and visible in process instance.

However i am able to login with same credentials in SOAP UI.  Not sure where the changes are missed.

• 8.  Re: PAM-Changes in Global Dataset

Posted Jun 22, 2015 09:22 AM

Hi Saranya,

try to set credentials in your Global Dataset again. Probably there is some leading or trailing white space in entered values.

Regards,

Milan