IT Process Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Update ca_contact using web services

• 1.  Update ca_contact using web services

Posted May 18, 2015 07:07 AM
      |   view attached

Hi all, we use Service catalog, 12.7. All new contacts are created using the UI of service desk. Per month nearly 250 employee contacts are created, nearly 150 contacts are dropped and 50 user details are modified. Its very difficult to create/ update for all the users throug UI of SDM.

Please let us know if there is a way of inserting/ updating the ca_contact table and its dependent table using web services. so that we can implement it through ITPAM processes.

Thanks,

Saranya P

Message was edited by: Saranya P attaching the error received with select object operator.

• 2.  Re: Update ca_contact using web services
    Best Answer

Posted May 18, 2015 10:04 AM

The case of create, update or delete a contact in Service Desk from PAM process should be through PAM Service Desk connector, using the "Create Object" operator, and setting the object type as "cnt". Please check the Service Desk connector for PAM and documentation provided, and let me know if you need some example.

Alejandro

• 3.  Re: Update ca_contact using web services

Posted May 19, 2015 06:19 AM

Hi Alejandro,

Thanks for the response. That was a useful one. We are unable to find 'create object' operator in PAM, however we are using SOAP call for same, using which we can map to 'create object' operator. Will try testing the same and get back if any help needed.

Thanks again for the assistance.

Saranya

• 4.  Re: Update ca_contact using web services

Posted Jul 13, 2015 05:43 AM

Hi Alejandro,

I tried updating the contact details of Service desk using Update_object in PAM. Gave the connection parameter, service desk input parameters, however not sure where to provide the "where clause".

Can you please assiston same, any documentation or examples will help as suggested.

Thanks,

Saranya P

• 5.  Re: Update ca_contact using web services

Posted Jul 14, 2015 02:56 AM

Saranya,

Update Object Operator is used to update a single record. To use this operator you will have to pass the object handle as input where the object handle is a combination of the object_name:id . E.g. chg:400032 -> this is the object handle of a change order record whose id is 400032. Similarly for contact it would be cnt:uuid of the contact record.

Before using the update object operator you will have to use 'Select Object' operator to retrive object details if you don't have uuid of the contact that you want to update.

Hope this helps.

• 6.  Re: Update ca_contact using web services

Posted Jul 22, 2015 05:55 AM

Hi Shashank,

Thank you, that really helps. However I am not able to pass the parameter of the operator 'where' clause as a variable (Process.userid). Please let me know if syntax of same is right.

Also please let us know if there is any reference guide available for same, as we are unable to get such details in the Content Designer Reference.

I gave:  Where clause: "userid='Proces.userid'" or "userid=Proces.userid". Both did not work.

Thanks,

Saranya P

• 7.  Re: Update ca_contact using web services

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 22, 2015 07:55 AM

Saranya,

That expression for the Where clause looks like it is passing in the literal string "Process.userid", not the value of the variable Process.userid.  Instead try:

Where clause: "userid = '" + Process.userid + "'"

Regards,

Bill

• 8.  Re: Update ca_contact using web services

Posted Aug 06, 2015 04:59 AM

Thank you, Bill. That works, however it end up with error in retriving the data in Select Object operator. Reason: java.security.PrivilegedActionException: com.sun.xml.messaging.saaj.SOAPExceptionImpl: Message send failed

Can you assist why am I receiving this sort of error and not sure how to fix the same.

Thanks,

Saranya

• 9.  Re: Update ca_contact using web services

Posted Aug 06, 2015 08:50 AM

Hi All,

The exact issue i am facing is in the Select Object operator, I have given the below details:

Servicedesk object Type: Contact

Where clause: "userid = '" +Process.userid + "' "

Select Rows: 2

Select Fields List:

id

userid

When i execute this, the userid is getting fetched however the id(contact_uuid) is not retrived.

I tried giving contactID and contact_uuid instead of id, even then it doesn't work.

Please assist what is the exact parameter to be passed.

• 10.  Re: Update ca_contact using web services

Posted Aug 06, 2015 10:41 PM

Hi,

this is an interesting one, and I think it is worth you raising an issue with Tech Support.  I have experimented with this in PAM 4.2 SP01, using a very simple test process:

selectObj_01.PNG

• I set the Where clause to "userid=" +"'" + Process.userid + "'", which is a slight variation on the one you are trying.
    • The content of Process.userid is set to 'coinsvc', which is a valid userid in my SDM testbed.
    • If I include 'userid' in the Select Fields List, the call fails, returning 'Error - could not get attribute cache UDS', and in the SDM log I can see this:

SelObj_stdlog_01.PNG

• It seems that Process.userid has been substituted into the Select Fields list, so that instead of the attribute 'userid' it is attempting to retrieve the attribute 'coinsvc'.
    • If I use a different parameter in the Where clause - for example, I create a parameter "Process.theUserid" and  set the Where clause to

"userid=" +"'" + Process.theUserid + "'"

• OR if I just drop 'userid' from the Select Fields list, the call works and retrieves the required data.

So - in my assessment you seem to have discovered an 'issue' with PAM, but you have two workarounds - either make sure that any 'Process' parameters that you add to a Where clause don't use an actual attribute name, or don't select an attribute that has the same name as a Process parameter that you've used in the Where clause.  Or possibly both :-).  I'd certainly recommend checking that you have the latest patches, Service Packs etc for PAM applied and then putting this one to Tech Support.

Hope that helps!

James

• 11.  Re: Update ca_contact using web services

Posted Aug 14, 2015 06:07 AM

Hi James,

Thanks for the suggestion. That worked, i have replaced "Process.userid" with "Process.networkid", after which the workflow works fine.

Thanks again.

Saranya