IT Process Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Finding parameters in CA APM

Posted Sep 25, 2015 04:38 AM

Hi All,

A client is using CA Process Automation 4.1 to handle processes regarding legal documents in Asset Portfolio Management. When a legal document is created a series of processes are started to ensure that information is provided from different sources. This is working great, but when the client want to cancel an ongoing registration of a legal document we get problems.

My question is; Can I find all tasks connected to a certain Legal Document. The parameter legaldoc_uuid is passed on to the PAM process, but I can't find the parameters for a task in the database or using the webservices. If I could find a way to search the database for the legaldoc_uuid given in the parameter and get the task_id back I could then use the appropriate webservice to abort the related tasks.

Could you advice me on how to obtain this information, please.

Thanks in advance!

Andreas Jonsson

• 2.  Re: Finding parameters in CA APM
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 13, 2015 09:13 AM

Hi Andreas,

Unfortunately a parameter like your legaldoc_uuid would be stored in the XML and not as an individual database field that you can search on.

Task are tied to processes via the TaskID.  You can see the TaskID in the process that launched the task in the task operator's dataset.  Then you can find that task in the Operations tab of PAM under "Tasks".

• 3.  Re: Finding parameters in CA APM

Posted Oct 26, 2015 11:00 AM

Andreas,

Take a look at this. It might help. Run it in a Run Javascript operator. It sets a sort of title for your flow which can at least help in the operations console.

Process.UserInstName = Process.legaldoc_uuid + "-" + Process.InstanceName;