IT Process Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

display/use the TaskID in the task itself

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  display/use the TaskID in the task itself

Posted 08-19-2015 05:22 AM

I want to use/display the TaskID in the Task(form) itself.

It is not possible to do this via initializationcode (Process.TaskID=Caller.TaskID) because the value is 0 at the time of initialization.

Is there a way/function/variable etc. to get it?

UPDATE:

I've got a dirty solution..

getRoid : function(temp) {

var ROIDurl = window.location.search;

var ROIDurl = ROIDurl.replace("?ROID=", "");

var TaskID = ROIDurl.replace("&page=replytask", "");

ca_pam_setTextFieldValue('Form.taskidroid', TaskID);

return TaskID;

}

ca_pam_setTextFieldValue is only able to set Values of a textfield not HTML field

Dear people at CA is there a way to set HTML field values from inside the form script?

• 2.  Re: display/use the TaskID in the task itself
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 08-20-2015 09:17 AM

In the Pre-Defined Content Library folder that comes with PAM (if you don't have it, click the "out-of-the-box" content button on the Home tab), there is a folder under "User Interaction Forms" called "01 Send Task URL".  Maybe this will get you what you are looking for?

• 3.  Re: display/use the TaskID in the task itself

Posted 08-24-2015 03:48 AM

sadly I only installed the ITIL Content Pack an the SDM Integration. When I click the "out-of-the-box" content button PAM tries to import but fails with something like "Server error... further information..in the server log"

• 4.  Re: display/use the TaskID in the task itself

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 08-24-2015 09:47 AM

Clicking that button attempts to download XML to your machine and then import that XML into PAM's library.  If your browser security is set to high or if pop-ups are being blocked, this might fail.  You can open an issue with support and we can send you the XML for the out-of-the-box content for your version of PAM.  Then you would just right click in your library, select import and browse to the XML we send to you.  Browsers tend to complain less about that method since you aren't downloading and importing behind the scenes.

• 5.  Re: display/use the TaskID in the task itself

Community Manager
    Posted 08-27-2015 10:59 AM

w4ll -- did Andrew's advice help you? Were you able to resolve your issue?