IT Process Automation

View Only
  • 1.  ca_pam_selectRadio function problem

Posted Apr 07, 2015 10:53 AM

Hi, i'm having troubles with a built in function. I have a radio option selection called "Form.Platform" with 6 option.

I have a javascript in my form that when i check an option performs a lot of processing (soap queryes and data manipulation). Based on the result of one query, I retrieved the value that i need to show preselected in the radio option but the built in function doesn't work (it does nothing in fact).

Problem line:

if (attribute == "Producto" ) ca_pam_selectRadio('Form.Platform','Form.Platform.Producto');

The code is reacheable, since i replaced the function with some alert(); to check if the code is never executed, but is executed fine. So anyone knows if im misusing the function or what mistake i've made?

Thank you very much.

• 2.  Re: ca_pam_selectRadio function problem

Posted Apr 07, 2015 06:37 PM
      |   view attached

Hello Alealvarez.

I tried to emulate your problem and the method ca_pam_selectRadio seems to be working just fine.

You must check some items:

- The Form attribute Name is "Form"

Interaction_Request_Form_(Version_0)-Interaction_Request_Form_-_2015-04-07_19.33.18.png

- The attribute Name of the Option group Producto is "Producto"?

Interaction_Request_Form_(Version_0)-Interaction_Request_Form_-_2015-04-07_19.32.56.png

I added the sample Request Form that I made to test as an attachment (PAM 4.1 SP1)

Attachment(s)

zip
    Test_Producto.xml.zip   7 KB 1 version

• 3.  Re: ca_pam_selectRadio function problem

Posted Apr 08, 2015 11:55 AM

Thank you so much for your time recreating the problem. I tried your process and it works fine, but mine not.

I'm sure the id option and the object id are correct, but the function do nothing, i can't imagine what is preventing the option selection to work or tampering the option radio with another option (its a 300 lines code in fact for form custom functions that performs a lot of operations and connections to WebServices).

• 4.  Re: ca_pam_selectRadio function problem

Posted Apr 08, 2015 12:43 PM

Maybe you could use Firefox + Firebug (or similar on another Browser) to debug and check what is going on through those lines of code.

• 5.  Re: ca_pam_selectRadio function problem

Posted Apr 09, 2015 10:08 AM

Hi Arthur, I think I've found the problem. The example you sent me works fine. But i tried the following:

The attribute that triggers the function stays in page 1

I've created a second page

I moved the radio group to the second page.

The code performs but the option is never selected.

I think this is the problem, because then i tried the same in my real form, that has 3 pages. The first for searching and performing SOAP querys. And the second and third page with information results presented to final user. In this condition the problem is that you can't modify the selection of a radio group that is not in the current active page. Now im trying to figure out how to workaround this problem, or present this as an issue and a bug to support CA. If you have any idea to workaround this problem, i will be very thankfull.

• 6.  Re: ca_pam_selectRadio function problem

Posted Apr 10, 2015 08:57 AM

The results from this SOAP call from the first page, where are you storing them? I made a little test here with a hidden inputText with "Producto" as its value, when I changed pages it worked.

• 7.  Re: ca_pam_selectRadio function problem

Posted Apr 15, 2015 09:31 AM

I simply moved the adio group to a second new page in your example, and altered the order of the option for the radio group (because if its first the option that i want to select dinamically, because the first option is always preselected). So the script you created stays the same, and the objects are like this:

In this scenario, the function doesn't work.

• 8.  Re: ca_pam_selectRadio function problem

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 17, 2016 04:02 PM

We are marking this question as "Assumed Answered" due to age.

Thanks,

Scott Owens