IT Process Automation

View Only
  • 1.  PAM Form Layout Options

Posted May 29, 2015 06:31 PM

Hello PAM Community,

I've been spending a lot of time trying to tweak the user experience for a few user interaction forms in PAM 4.2.2

I'm running into a few major stumbling blocks:

1) My options for configuring the layout seem extremely limited - There does not appear to be a way to assign a columnar layout to a collection of elements, for example, or even to set a fixed width for most form elements.

Has anyone found a way around this? Being able to stack related elements next to each other on the same horizontal line would go a long way towards improving the usability of some of these forms.

2) I haven't been able to identify what style attributes are actually respected by the 'Style' property on the elements - Is there reference documentation of any kind that would list out valid style attributes?

3) There is no 'button' element. There are a number of different validations / operations performed from inside the form that I would like to make an explicit user action, so having a 'button' to click is kind of crucial. I've been working around this by using 'style' attributes on 'Label' elements and then binding functions to their 'onClick' attribute, but I was hoping there might be a better way of doing this - Most especially because I have no way to limit the width of the label element, so every 'button' is as wide as the entire screen.

Has anyone found creative ways around these challenges? Is there some kind of design or style guide documentation out there?

Thanks,

Justin

• 2.  Re: PAM Form Layout Options
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 01, 2015 09:57 AM

Hi Justin, below the answers.

1) i had the same problem and i don't know a solution

2) did you checked the content designer reference guide? i think it is there

3) Yes, i created a button using the hml code object in forms. Then in the hmtl section inserted the layout and behaviour of the button as you were working with html standard.

• 3.  Re: PAM Form Layout Options

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 04, 2015 10:25 AM

Justin:

As regards to point#1, unfortunately Forms does not support flexible layout options which may allow you to place widgets like you wanted. Also, there's no support for tabbed layout and only card layout (wizard style) is supported. However, width and height is supported for most widgets.

--