IT Process Automation

View Only
  • 1.  SDP Contact's location details

Posted Sep 02, 2015 02:01 AM

Dear All,

We are trying to update the contact details of SDP through update object operator in PAM.

Need to understand where would be the location details (location_uuid) for various location would be available in mdb/ web services.

(or) How to update the location details of a contact through update object method. Pleas assist.

Thanks,

Saranya

• 2.  Re: SDP Contact's location details

Posted Sep 02, 2015 02:27 AM

Location is a object in Service Desk called as 'loc' and the tables associated with this object in mdb are ca_location and usp_location.

You can use update object method to update the location object , it would be similar to hou you use the method to update contact.

The object handle would be loc:uuid  where uuid is locaiton_uuid and pass the required attributes.

<objectHandle>loc:uuid</objectHandle>

• 3.  Re: SDP Contact's location details

Posted Sep 02, 2015 03:42 AM

Hi Shashank,

Thanks for the quick response. It helps, however i am unable to find the object type as 'loc' in select / update object operator.

Please assist if i am wrong.

Thanks,

Saranya

• 4.  Re: SDP Contact's location details

Posted Sep 02, 2015 04:52 AM

Hi Saranya,

In Service Desk select operator there is not option for location object. For getting location objects you will have to use SOAP operator and call doSelect or doQuery web service method to get location objects.

Update Object Operator is generic and can be used to update any object is Service Desk as long as you pass a valid object handle which would be a combination  <object_name>:<id>  where <id> is unique identifier of the object that you want to update.

Hope this helps.

• 5.  Re: SDP Contact's location details

Posted Sep 03, 2015 03:09 AM

Hi Shashank,

As suggested, i tried with both doSelect and doQuery.

The method requires input fields like parent_location_uuid and location_type, which I will not be able to pass through PAM and i am not aware as well. I need to fetch the location_uuid to pass to the update object operator.

Please find below input given and the error message which we receive.

Input:

<ser:doQuery>

<sid>1472889137</sid>

<objectType>loc</objectType>

<whereClause>"location_name='IND-Hyderabad-VSB'"</whereClause>

</ser:doQuery>

Error :

<ErrorMessage>Error fetching: AHD03053:Bad where clause: Parse error at : "( "location_name='IND-Hyderabad-VSB'" ) AND

( parent_location_uuid IS NULL AND location_type_id IS NULL )" (syntax error)</ErrorMessage>

Please assist on same.

• 6.  Re: SDP Contact's location details
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 04, 2015 01:24 AM

Hi Saranya

Please try name and NOT location_name, when searching for locations by name.

<ser:doQuery>

<sid>1472889137</sid>

<objectType>loc</objectType>

<whereClause>"name='IND-Hyderabad-VSB'"</whereClause>

</ser:doQuery>

Servicedesk web services uses object names, you can use the getObjectTypeInformation method to look up object names see example below.

<ser:getObjectTypeInformation>

<sid>1472889137</sid>

<factory>loc</factory>

</ser:getObjectTypeInformation>

</soapenv:Body>

I hope this helps

Sivu