IT Process Automation

View Only
  • 1.  dynamically generating a table and setting a Select option

Posted Jun 01, 2015 12:29 PM

Hi all,

I'm having some trouble with a SRF I'm working on.  The form has a table with dynamically generated contents.  The table has two columns: a name (text field) and a Select list with two possible options. The problem I have is that ca_pam_setTableDataFromJSObject doesn't seem to work to set data for non text-type fields (eg, a Select list), and I can't figure out if there's a way to refer to the IDs of individual controls inside the table so that I can call ca_pam_selectOption on them.  Any advice?

Thanks,

Sam

• 2.  Re: dynamically generating a table and setting a Select option
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 04, 2015 08:58 PM

Hi Sam,

I've been trying to puzzle this out -

I managed to get at the run-time value of a select field of a table in PAM with JSON.stringify() -

It looks like this, where 'var_0' is the id of the select field in the table:

"var_0":"option{name=option1, value=1}"

I was unable to identify what sort of object that is - it's sort of weird syntax for JSON, what with the '=' signs and all.

Maybe you'll have better luck with figuring that out than I did?

Anyway, I do have a suggestion on another way to skin the cat, as it were.

If you can get at the JS object prior to loading it to the table, and you use a checkbox instead of a two option select field, you can just treat the checkbox as an additional boolean value -

So say you have a table with columns 'myitem' and 'myboolean' -

for (item=0;item<tableData.length;++item){

tableData[item].myboolean = true;

}

then just load 'tableData' to your table with ca_pam_setTableDataFromJSObject()

That of course only works if your select never gets bigger than two items, but it might be a good stop-gap until you can solve the other issue.

• 3.  Re: dynamically generating a table and setting a Select option

Posted Jun 09, 2015 11:28 AM

Thanks for your response, JR!

After going back over through the documentation a few times, I realized that I was trying to do something unnecessarily hard in order to get to the values of those fields. What I eventually wound up doing was just using ca_pam_getTableData(), which I think is going to work just fine.

Thanks again for your time, and I hope I didn't send you on too much of a wild-goose chase.