IT Process Automation

View Only
  • 1.  User & environment based access control on touchpoints and workflows

Posted Oct 20, 2014 05:48 AM

Hi,

In ITPAM is it possible for a user to have access to touchpoints and workflows of one environment only. I want different users for different orhestrator/environments. All environments actually depict a different completely department or customer.

• 2.  Re: User & environment based access control on touchpoints and workflows

Posted Oct 20, 2014 09:03 AM

Yes, you can control access to Environments or even different folders/objects within those Environments.  See the security chapters in the Administrator Guide for more info.

• 3.  Re: User & environment based access control on touchpoints and workflows

Posted Oct 21, 2014 03:42 AM

Hi  Tom_Kouhsari
    I believe in the administrator guide both the "Administer Basic CA EEM Security " and  "Administer Advanced CA EEM Security " chapter talks about managing access policy  only to certain limits like ( [Tabs - configuration , designer , library ] or the [Objects like  - touchpoint ,agents , srf, environment etc.. ] , [object read , write]  ) but couldn't find anything more granular. 
    Is there any way where in a single orchestrator we expose few amount of workflows to only one user/group and the total different set of workflows to the other user/group , so that one user does not get to  trigger or have visibility of  other users workflow.

Thanks & Regards

• 4.  Re: User & environment based access control on touchpoints and workflows

Posted Oct 21, 2014 02:17 PM

While the guide is difficult to read, you can control access to environments, folders, individual objects (such as processes, forms, datasets, calendars, etc).  I haven't done much with permissions in a long time so maybe someone like MWNiebuhr or Scott_Owens could help you further with this.