IT Process Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Input parameters not working on Update in Database operator

Posted Jul 17, 2014 11:02 AM

I've used the Query Database operator with input parameters successfully before am currently having trouble getting the Update in Database operator to work.  I am trying to update the change order table for Service desk in the mdb.  In this update statement I simply want to change the type for a given change order.

update chg

set chgtype = '300'

where chg_ref_num = ?

The update statement works if I run it in SQL giving the chg_ref_num

update chg

set chgtype = '300'

where chg_ref_num = '462960'

But if I use an input parameter of Process.test where I set the variable to 462960, I receive an error 'the value is not set for the parameter number 1'.

The JDBCInputParamArray shows it bringing in the variable correctly.

image1.jpg

Any ideas?

• 2.  Re: Input parameters not working on Update in Database operator

Posted Jul 23, 2014 11:50 AM

I would open an issue for this.  It works when I do either of the following:

update chg set chgtype='300' where chg_ref_num='123456'

update chg set description='test' where chg_ref_num=?   (and supplying an input value)

But not when doing what you do:

update chg set chgtype='300' where chg_ref_num=?   (and supplying an input value)

• 3.  Re: Input parameters not working on Update in Database operator

Posted Jul 23, 2014 12:17 PM

Why not use the Service Desk Connector instead of directly updating the mdb?

• 4.  Re: Input parameters not working on Update in Database operator

Posted Jan 20, 2015 01:14 PM

i'm getting the same issue with the 4.2 version, and i didn't had this situation with the 3.1 one, but i'm not trying to update the database, just doing a select. i've already opened a ticket about it, but they instructed me to look foward in the communities.ca about it.

• 5.  Re: Input parameters not working on Update in Database operator

Posted Mar 11, 2015 02:26 PM

The Service Desk Connector also has the ability to do a select.  Is that not an option?