IT Process Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Using ActiveMQ Restful API

Posted Apr 14, 2014 05:42 PM

Has anyone used CA IT PAM to perform HTTP GETs and HTTP POSTs against ActiveMQ message queues? I'm going against ActiveMQ 5.8 using CA Process Automation 4.2. I'm having great success reading queue messages via HTTP GET; however, when I try to perform an HTTP POST, I end-up creating a message with no content. Has anyone had success performing an HTTP POST with actual message content against the ActiveMQ Restful API (e.g. http://localhost:8161/api/message/standard/request/receive?type=queue&clientId=postABC). Obviously, I'm including the body content in the operator's Content field (on the HTTP POST operator's HTTP Post Information page).

• 2.  RE: Using ActiveMQ Restful API

Posted Apr 16, 2014 03:47 PM

Can you attach your process/operator?  I don't have an ActiveMQ available for testing but I'll see if anything in your configuration jumps out at me.

• 3.  RE: Using ActiveMQ Restful API

Posted Apr 17, 2014 01:59 PM
    Tom_Kouhsari:

Can you attach your process/operator?  I don't have an ActiveMQ available for testing but I'll see if anything in your configuration jumps out at me.

Thanks so much for the offer! Unfortunately, I can't supply the Process, but I can describe the load-out of the operator's properties. I've only added 5 field values and everything else is based on the default set-up of the operator (i.e. Chunked? = false, Save HTTP Response Content to Dataset Variable = checked, etc.).

Properties

HTTP URL Information page

HTTP Post Information page

• Content = "this is a message"

I've verified I can perform the same update using Curl and the message content is added into the queue message, so perhaps it's a defect with regard to the HTTP Post operator?

Example: curl -u admin:admin -d "body=this is a message" "http://localhost:8161/api/message/standard/request/receive/persistence?type=queue&clientId=postClientId"

ActiveMQ 5.8 actually comes with PAM 4.2 (e.g. C:\Program Files\CA\PAM\activemq) and it can be setup to run as a Windows service.

• 4.  RE: Using ActiveMQ Restful API

Posted Apr 25, 2014 10:04 AM

Don't have any experience with ActiveMQ but if you're not already doing it,  try putting the body tag around your message...

HTTP Post Information page

Content = "<body>this is a message</body>"