IT Process Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Interaction Request Form + Radio Group

Posted Jun 04, 2014 08:14 AM

Hello everyone,

I just got started with PAM, and I do have a little problem and can't find the solution. I do have a Interaction Request Form with 3 radio buttons.

On the process, in a Assign_User_Task operator that is calling that IRF, I want to know which of the 3 radio's was pressed, so in a post-execution code I done this:

if (ca_pam_isSelectRadio('Form.Var_0', 'Form.Var_0.request') == true){
      Process.choice="rq";  
    }else if(ca_pam_isSelectRadio('Form.Var_0', 'Form.Var_0.incident') == true){
      Process.choice="in";  
    }else{
      Process.choice="pb";  
    }

The problem is, after executing and submiting the form... I'm getting the error "ReferenceError: "ca_pam_isSelectRadio" is not defined. (#5)". Any advice? :)

Other think I wanted to know is... on the Create_Request operator, are we able to change tha values of some paremeters by code? For example the Request Type, Priority?

Thanks for all of your atention.

• 2.  RE: Interaction Request Form + Radio Group

Posted Jun 04, 2014 08:34 AM

The ca_pam_* functions are only used in IRF and SRFs directly.  You would not use those in a process/operator.

In your example, once someone responds to the task, the Assign User Task operator should have a variable called Var_0 in its dataset.  In post execution, you would access it as Process[OpName].Var_0

• 3.  RE: [PAM - General Discussion] Interaction Request Form + Radio Group

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 04, 2014 08:49 AM
    I believe the ca_pam_isSelectRadio function is only valid within the IRF. You can use it in the script area of the IRF or in one of the properties such as “onSubmit”. But he post execution of the operator is executed at the process level so that function is no longer valid.

Andy Thompson
    CA Technologies
    Sr Support Engineer
    Tel: 1-877-584-7267
    Andrew.Thompson@ca.com<mailto:Andrew.Thompson@ca.com>
    support.ca.com

<mailto:Andrew.Thompson@ca.com>[CA_Cert_Pro_ProcessAutomation_r4x]

From: CA Process Automation Global User CommunityMessage Boards [mailto:CommunityAdmin@communities-mail.ca.com]
    Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2014 8:14 AM
    To: mb_message.11871426.119330230@myca-email.ca.com
    Subject: [PAM - General Discussion] Interaction Request Form + Radio Group

Hello everyone,

I just got started with PAM, and I do have a little problem and can't find the solution. I do have a Interaction Request Form with 3 radio buttons.

On the process, in a Assign_User_Task operator that is calling that IRF, I want to know which of the 3 radio's was pressed, so in a post-execution code I done this:
    if (ca_pam_isSelectRadio('Form.Var_0', 'Form.Var_0.request') == true){
    Process.choice="rq";
    }else if(ca_pam_isSelectRadio('Form.Var_0', 'Form.Var_0.incident') == true){
    Process.choice="in";
    }else{
    Process.choice="pb";
    }

The problem is, after executing and submiting the form... I'm getting the error "ReferenceError: "ca_pam_isSelectRadio" is not defined. (#5)". Any advice? :)

Other think I wanted to know is... on the Create_Request operator, are we able to change tha values of some paremeters by code? For example the Request Type, Priority?

Thanks for all of your atention.

Posted by:duarte.sousa
    --
    CA Communities Message Boards
    mb_message.11871426.119330230@myca-email.ca.com<mailto:mb_message.11871426.119330230@myca-email.ca.com>
    https://communities.ca.com

• 4.  RE: Interaction Request Form + Radio Group

Posted Jun 04, 2014 09:42 AM

Got my problem fixed, thank you guys.

• 5.  RE: Interaction Request Form + Radio Group

Posted Jun 12, 2014 05:13 AM

"Got my problem fixed"

How?

Jürg (Juerg)

• 6.  RE: Interaction Request Form + Radio Group
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 12, 2014 05:37 AM
    juerg_walther:

"Got my problem fixed"

How?

Jürg (Juerg)

Like previously said, you can only use the ca_pam_isSelectRadio function inside the script of the IRF. So what I have done was using what Tom_Kouhsari explained. On my IRF, I added to each radio a value (for example: on the problem radio added the value "pr", incident radio added the value "in" and so on), then... on the operator, in the post-execution code you simply need to use this: Process.picked = Process[OpName].Var_0; (where Var_0 is the name of the form group). Process.picked will return the value of the selected radio.

• 7.  RE: Interaction Request Form + Radio Group

Posted Jun 13, 2014 03:38 AM

Thanks