Continuous Delivery Director

View Only
  • 1.  Link two different releases

Posted Jun 13, 2017 04:16 AM

Is there a way to link two releases together? Given below is the scenario

There are two release cycles Release 1 and Release 2 started in parallel. But the 'Production' phase of Release 1 should only start if Release 2 is marked as Done.

How to achieve this?

Best regards,

Amit Joshi

• 2.  Re: Link two different releases

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 13, 2017 03:20 PM

Hi,

I have a few suggestions, you could look at using the rest task in release 1 and using a REST call to CDD to start release 2. The REST api is documented in swagger as part of the CDD deployment and can be accessed from the help icon in CDD.

You can also link CDD releases together in a release track which you might want to look at.

Regards

keith

• 3.  Re: Link two different releases

Posted Jun 14, 2017 06:59 AM

I checked the REST APIs and i do not see any specific action to 'trigger' a phase or release. Could you please share some more info on this?

Also, keeping the releases under 1 track does not ensure that Release 1 will start Production phase only after Relase 2 is deployed successfully. The tracks are timebound and they do not function if the dates set are lapsed already.

I need something like, a polling action which would go and query status of Release 2 and if the Release 2 is deployed in production it will stop polling and move to the next task ie Deploy Relase 1 in production.

Best regards,

Amit Joshi

• 4.  Re: Link two different releases
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 14, 2017 10:17 AM

Hi Amit, 

Can we get on a call to discuss this? let me know if make sense and I will set this up

Uri

• 5.  Re: Link two different releases

Posted Jun 20, 2017 04:50 AM

Hi Uri,

Yes. Let us get on to a call. Monday, 26 looks good per my calendar. You could book a meeting anywhere between 1100 to 1600 EEST(UTC+3)

Best regards,

Amit Joshi

• 6.  Re: Link two different releases

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 20, 2017 02:23 PM

Thanks Amit. Just sent you an email

Uri