Automic Continuous Delivery Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Add Email recipients as variables in notification E-Mail objects

Posted Apr 04, 2018 04:03 PM
    Hello,

I would like to add E-Mail recipients as variable in the Notification E-Mail object. 
    In the attached screenshot i can add any number of recipients with the user ID. My requirement is to add users to the Notification E-mails as a variable(Dynamically).

I'm using this notification object in the post condition of the action in the workflow. This is to notify status of each action in the workflow.
    0wi8rmok77tl.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/bv/0wi8rmok77tl.png" width="1000">

• 2.  Add Email recipients as variables in notification E-Mail objects
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 04, 2018 04:18 PM
    In the process script for the notification object, you can run this command to dynamically add a recipient;

:ADD_ATT RECIPIENT, "recipient1", "recipient2"

https://docs.automic.com/documentation/WEBHELP/English/AWA/11.2/AE/11.2/All%20Guides/help.htm#ucabgs.htm

• 3.  Add Email recipients as variables in notification E-Mail objects

Posted Apr 05, 2018 09:11 AM
    Do we have any option to pass dynamic property in application/component/environment level so that the notification object which we created for email alerts takes its value.

• 4.  Add Email recipients as variables in notification E-Mail objects

Posted Apr 05, 2018 12:06 PM
    The Automic scripting language can pull dynamic recipient information from many different kinds of sources.  Here are just two examples;

You could set up a static environment variable (and maintain it manually or by process script) and pull it from there.

At this datacenter our list of who is oncall this week for each team is maintained in a CSV file by an external application.  So our Automic script pulls recipients from this CSV file.

• 5.  Add Email recipients as variables in notification E-Mail objects

Posted Apr 05, 2018 03:33 PM
    In post condition of a action i'm calling notification email object. And i would want that object to use the variables from my workflow.

• 6.  Add Email recipients as variables in notification E-Mail objects

Posted Apr 05, 2018 04:24 PM
    If you are using ACTIVATE_UC_OBJECT to launch the notification email object, you can use the "PASS_VALUES" feature to pass your workflow variables to the email object.