I am trying to understand,
1) How to get details of "approver" automatically ? i.e. I want to have userid & email ID of a workflow approver, so that I can add that in email notification. We have function to get userID detail, who triggered the workflow, but not getting way to identify approver user id.
#releaseautomation #manualrelease #notificationobject #sendanemail
when your configure the email-system in CDA/ARA properly and email-addresses are in the user records the email-notifications will be send out automatically.
see docu: https://docs.automic.com/documentation/webhelp/english/ARA/12.2/DOCU/12.2/CDA%20Guides/Default.htm#CDA/wwApprovals/approvals_working_with.htm%3FTocPath%3DUsing%7CUsing%2520CDA%7C_____9
...When approval requests are accepted, rejected, or revoked, as the execution owner you also receive an email notification about the status change (provided your email address is included in your user profile).....
...Whenever a new request to approve an execution is created, you receive an email notification. The email contains a link to the Details page of your pending approvals. ....
Thank you Michael for this info. But my question is little different. I want to get the Approver ID and Email ID, so that I can send 'customized' notification to certain group of ppl who have not 'subscribed' to notifications.
Also would like to add Approver name in customized email body.
1) Is there any way to customized 'content of approval email'?
2) Is there any way that approval request email, is sent to ONLY to email ID/s which is selected while package is created? Currently its send out to all the members who are part of Approver group.
1) the templates for the emails can be found in the folder WebUI\EmailTemplateFiles
2) all approvers get email-notification according to the defined rules
Currently there is no way to specify anybody as CC for the emails or select specific approver when triggering a deployment.
Please feel free to discuss this with your account manager and issue an enhancement request.