Automic Continuous Delivery Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Issue with ImportExportCLI

Posted Mar 13, 2018 10:19 AM
    Hello All,

I have exported an application using DeepExport command, but when I try to import it using DeepImport I get 'this app can't run on your PC' error message as seen below.

btdnz97m9mna.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/mc/btdnz97m9mna.png" width="873">

I have tried both export and import commands on the same server and get the error only with import. Is this a known issue? If yes, how to fix it?

Thanks in advance

Regards, Zafar

• 2.  Issue with ImportExportCLI

Posted Mar 13, 2018 10:32 AM
    Hi,

is this the same server that you did run the DeepExport on?
    Does this server have .NET installed (it is a prerequisite for ImportExportCLI).

Eventually, this can also happen due to some windows/domain policies. If possible, try to open the command prompt "As Administrator".

What Operating System are you running this on exactly? (It's unlikely, but could this be 32 bit?)

Regards,
    Martin

• 3.  Issue with ImportExportCLI

Posted Mar 14, 2018 08:21 AM
    Thanks martin_polak_automic

For some reason, ImportExportCLI.exe file size changed to 0 bytes which caused the error. Once I copied the correct file from media I could execute deepImport, however, this time it fails due to missing application properties.

Reference property "system_folder.system_name" = "RATESTAPP" not found
    Reference property "system_application.system_name" = "RAtestapp" not found
    Reference property "system_component.system_name" = "Artifactdownload" not found
    Reference property "system_application.system_name" = "RAtestapp" not found
    Workflow 'RAtestappdeploy' of Application 'RAtestapp' not found

I thought following command would import everything regardless of whether the application exists or not.

ImportExportCLI.exe deepimport -con http://hostname/ara -usr 110/RA/AUTOMIC -pwd xxxxx -mt Application -format xml -where "system_name eq 'RAtestapp'" -fi myApp1.zip

Is there an alternative way of importing application with all the related entities?

Regards, Zafar

• 4.  Issue with ImportExportCLI

Posted Mar 14, 2018 08:33 AM
    Hi,

1) A pre-requisite for doing a "DeepImport" to a target system is that the folders that the applications and their respective components were placed in the source system also exist on the target system.
    Thus, first export the folders from the source and import them to the target system.
    The same holds true for the owners of all objects (groups or users!). They need to exist on the target system first!
    2) The "-where" clause does not work with the DeepImport feature. All Applications that are contained in the zip file will be imported -- if the folders and owners (users or groups) exist in the target system.

Once this is fulfilled, the import will work

Regards,
    Martin