Automic Continuous Delivery Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Approval Handling

Posted Mar 07, 2018 08:54 AM

Hi,

I am looking for some help on setting up Approvals for one of the applications.

We are using Jenkins post-build configuration job to trigger Automic workflow which is deploying Application to the development environment. Now before the deployment to test environment, I would like the user to approve the request.

The user has an e-mail address and has an approval subscription for the application, however, I don't see any approval e-mail being sent.

I am referring below documentation link but it is not very helpful.

https://docs.automic.com/documentation/webhelp/english/ARA/12.1/DOCU/12.1/ARA%20Guides/Default.htm#ARA/wwApprovals/approvals_working_with.htm%3FTocPath%3DUser%2520Guide%7CHandling%2520Approval%2520Requests%7C_____0

Appreciate quick suggestions.

Regards, Zafar

• 2.  Approval Handling

Posted Mar 08, 2018 04:46 AM
    Hello Zafar,

Does the user see the Approval Requests in their Pending Approval List? If this is not the case, check whether the user has rights on the application folder.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Ajay

• 3.  Approval Handling

Posted Mar 08, 2018 09:18 AM
    Thanks for the reply @Ajay,

No,  I don't see any approvals pending for this user and the user is an ARA administrator who has access to the application and folder.  I might be missing something simple, can you list of steps that need to be performed to
    send an approval request when a specific workflow or application is executed.

Thanks in Advance

• 4.  Approval Handling
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 08, 2018 04:49 PM
    @zafar,

Check that you have the Approval Subscriptions properly configured for the User or UserGroup that User belongs too.

I was not able to find fast on v12.1 Documentation the screenshots that show you how to set the Approval Subscriptions.

Documentation for v11 of ARA has more detailed steps:

https://docs.automic.com/documentation/webhelp/english/ARA/11.2/BOND/6.0/Administration%20Guide/Default.htm#ECC/UserMgmt/um_ara_approvals_create.htm%3FTocPath%3DAdministration%2520via%2520Web%2520Interface%7CUser%2520Management%7CRelease%2520Automation%2520Rights%7CApprovals%7C_____2

Concept should be the same in  v12.1, I believe.

• 5.  Approval Handling

Posted Mar 12, 2018 10:50 AM
    Thanks Vlad_Navazhylau_6186

It helped.

Zafar