Automic Continuous Delivery Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

ARA Workflow Migration to 11.2

• 1.  ARA Workflow Migration to 11.2

Posted Oct 24, 2016 09:48 AM
    Hi,

Currently we are using AutomationEngine 10.0.1 and ARA client 4.5. Now we wish to migrate all our work (workflow, customactions, app, components, profile, target etc..) to new server.

I can see utility ImportExport CLI but that is for single custom actions/workflows etc..now for migrating all the stuff.

May I know what is simplest and easiest procedure to achieve stuff migration to new server.

Thanks,
    Harshal...

• 2.  ARA Workflow Migration to 11.2
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 26, 2016 03:56 AM
    Hi Harshal_Vaidya_8541

If you are going to move to the new server and then update it to the ARA version 6 and AE version 11.2. The most convenient way is clone database. Basically you should follow these steps:

1. Clone/copy the database from both AE 10.0.1 and ARA version 4.5 first to the new server first. 

2. Install AE version 10.0.1 and ARA version 4.5 on the new server.

3. Point AE and ARA to the copied/clone database.

4. Update AE to version 11.2

5. update ARA to version 6.0.2 HF 1 

Let me know if you need more Information.

• 3.  ARA Workflow Migration to 11.2

Posted Oct 26, 2016 04:32 AM
    Hi Duong Nguyen Nhat,

Thats would really convenient. Not sure how much complexities will be involved.

One more thing,

We already have ARA and AE upgraded version avaialble with us on different server. so we just need to migrate stuff from existing server (hosting older version) to new server (having newer version of AE and ARA)

Could you please throw some more information on DB cloning and on pointing AE to ARA ?

that would be a great help.

Thanks

• 4.  ARA Workflow Migration to 11.2

Posted Oct 27, 2016 03:07 AM
    About the DB cloning, you can ask your DBA to do it, you can also look over internet to get more Information about cloning database.

To point the Automation Engine to the correct database, you have to modify the ucsrv.ini
    and modify the ODBC section. Below is an example of the connection string in ucsrv.ini in V12:

SQLDRIVERCONNECT=ODBCVAR=NNNNNNRN,Driver={SQL Server Native Client 11.0};Server=tcp:localhost,1433;Database=AUTOMIC;Uid=sa;PWD=--10EF2CA44597A0687815E3E7EDEFE2AEB8;MARS_CONNECTION=Yes

To point the ARA to the correct database, you have to modify <connection> section in the customer.config file. Below is an example of connection string in customer.config in ARA V12:

<connections>
          <connection name="AUTOMIC" system="AUTOMIC">          <cp ip="localhost" port="2217"/>          <cp ip="localhost" port="2218"/>          <cp ip="localhost" port="2219"/>          <cp ip="localhost" port="2220"/>          <cp ip="localhost" port="2221"/>          <system client="100" password="araservice" user="100/ARASERVICE/AUTOMIC">             <queuetrigger agent="AGENTNAME" login="UC4_RL.LOGIN.ALL"/>             <connectionStrings>                <add connectionString="Data Source=tcp:localhost,1433;Initial Catalog=ARA;User ID=sa;Password=ventum2011

name=

MainDatabase"/>                <add connectionString="ReportDatabase" name="ReportDatabase"/>             </connectionStrings>          </system> </connection>

• 5.  ARA Workflow Migration to 11.2

Posted Nov 01, 2016 05:51 AM
    Thanks man. DB part is fine.

I'm still unsure about the migration. Do you have any link to documentations that would provide me step- by-step activities to perform in order to migrate everything from older version to newers without any hassles.

Thanks

• 6.  ARA Workflow Migration to 11.2

Posted Nov 06, 2016 10:47 PM
    hmm, I am afraid that we don't have that kind of documentation. In your case, we should actually split it in 02 part, Migration of your Automation Engine and Migration of your ARA, so which part are you concern about ?

• 7.  ARA Workflow Migration to 11.2

Posted Nov 07, 2016 07:34 AM
    I'm concerned about ARA part here... pleasee let me know the steps

thanks

• 8.  ARA Workflow Migration to 11.2

Posted Nov 07, 2016 10:51 PM
    Hi Harshal_Vaidya_8541

So basically you can follow the step in this document:

https://docs.automic.com/documentation/webhelp/english/ALL/components/BOND//Installation%20Guide//Default.htm#ARA/Inst/araInstallation.htm%3FTocPath%3DManual%2520Installation%2520of%2520ARA%7C_____0

You can ignore the part of installing AE and ARA database, since you already have it after the cloning.

Let me know if you have any concern. If you still have trouble with the cloning AE/ARA we do have the automic professional service for helping.

• 9.  ARA Workflow Migration to 11.2

Posted Nov 10, 2016 05:10 AM
    Thank you for information Duong Nguyen Nhat

I'm looking for DB  cloning now on older server.. I can see there are lot of DB schemas..
    Do you know, which schemas contains the workfows/app/custom action etcc.. which need to be exported and moved to DB server ?

Thanks

• 10.  ARA Workflow Migration to 11.2

Posted Nov 11, 2016 04:03 AM
    Hi Harshal_Vaidya_8541

I would strongly recommend to clone the whole ARA DB, because there are many constraint between these tables. Please don't clone separate tables.