Automic Continuous Delivery Automation

View Only
  • 1.  How to give a user Release Automation access?

Posted May 18, 2017 06:04 AM
    I want to create a user and give him access to Release Automation perspective. How do i do that?

I have done the below:
    1. Created client.
    2. Created user.
    3. Moved the user to the created client.
    4. Given required privileges and authorizations.

But the user couldn't see Release Automation perspective upon login.

Can anyone please help?

• 2.  How to give a user Release Automation access?

Posted May 18, 2017 03:51 PM
    Hi @karthikeayan;

Since you mentioned you "1.Created client" - is this the ARA client and has been configured to reflected in the customer.config?

When you create the user, are you doing it within the AE (thick client) or within the ARA AWI (logged in to the ARA client)?

As the user you are logged in with, to create the new user.  Is that an ARA user & does that user have the ability to see the "Release Automation" perspective within that SAME client as that new user?

Also when you edit that user, do you see both the "Automation Engine" and the "Release Automation" tab for the permission?

(Notes:  This screenshot is base on the ARAv7)
    azu6mwge7dqg.png

Normally, if you want to create an new ARA user.  You would log into the ARA client (via the AWI) then as an ARA admin user  (or equivalent permission to create new user) create the new user and edit that user.

Now, if both you (an ARA admin user) and that new user on that "specific" client and you both cannot see the release automation perspective then it would suggest some sort of configuration issue on the system.

• 3.  How to give a user Release Automation access?

Posted May 19, 2017 03:44 AM

Since you mentioned you "1.Created client" - is this the ARA client and has been configured to reflected in the customer.config?

I don't think it is a ARA client, I have logged into AWI as UC user and created client.
    When you create the user, are you doing it within the AE (thick client) or within the ARA AWI (logged in to the ARA client)?

I have given a URL to access AWI, how to confirm if this is ARA AWI?

As the user you are logged in with, to create the new user.  Is that an ARA user & does that user have the ability to see the "Release Automation" perspective within that SAME client as that new user?

I have created the new user by logging in as UC user. This does not have Release Automation perspective.

Also when you edit that user, do you see both the "Automation Engine" and the "Release Automation" tab for the permission?

No, I do not see Release Automation under permission tab.

Can you please help with the customer config for the new client? How do I make new client as ARA client?

• 4.  How to give a user Release Automation access?

Posted May 19, 2017 11:55 AM
    Hi @karthikeayan

Yes in order for you to create another ARA user. A) that client you log on need to be an ARA client.  B ). you need to be log into that client as the ARA ADMIN user, then while log on - create the new user.
    Since you are doing it with the UC user (this is normally just the AE admin user for client zero).

For the instruction on please refer to this section "Installing and Configuring an Additional ARA client"

This will show you, how to set up the new client, Creating the new Database for this new client, and how to configure the ARA customer.config file to reflect this new client.  Along with how to Create the ARA ADMIN user for this new client.

Once that all completed A) make sure that this new ARA ADMIN user for the new client is able to see the Release Automation perspective.  If you can see it, then it mean the ARA configuration is most likely correct and proceed with created the rest of the ARA user.

I have given a URL to access AWI, how to confirm if this is ARA AWI?

You can check your ARA customer.config file - within it, there is a line call:

UC4Deployment.ECCURL        - This normally what you have set your AWI URL
    UC4Deployment.CallbackURL     -  This normally what you have set your ARA URL