Layer7 API Management

View Only
  • 1.  Additional Revision History

Posted Jul 29, 2020 01:13 PM
    I am trying to compare my current API Gateway Policy against the versions in the Revision History (I'm using 9.4).  I only see the last 20 versions available for comparison in the Revision History (by right-clicking the policy and clicking 'Revision History').  Is there a way to get all revisions (back to version 1), or are those versions (lower than the last 20) deleted permanently and thus inaccessible?

• 2.  RE: Additional Revision History
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 29, 2020 03:03 PM
    They are deleted permanently and are thus inaccessible. You can increase the number of revisions to keep around by setting the policyVersioning.maxRevisions cluster-wide property. Also, any policies in the revision history that have a comment set are NOT deleted by the roll over, so whenever you reach a milestone I suggest adding a comment on it to ensure it stays in the history forever (or until you delete the comment). For example, in this screen shot you can see that #213->#215 have rolled out, but #212, which has a comment, is still around.
    ​​

------------------------------
    Jay MacDonald - Adoption Architect - Broadcom API Management (Layer 7)

• 3.  RE: Additional Revision History

Posted Aug 11, 2020 01:53 AM
    Hi Jay

Is there way we can fetch the layer7 active policy revision to use it in CICD using restman or GMU.

Regards
    Akshat

• 4.  RE: Additional Revision History

Posted Aug 13, 2020 07:15 AM
    Edited by Deactivated User Aug 13, 2020 07:16 AM
    Step 1: https://yourGateway/restman/1.0/services?name=URLEncode(SeachString)
    Step 2: This should give the Active Revision version (Policy Revision Version - which is 17 below)

More info: 

https://YourGWServer:8443/restman/1.0/doc/restDoc.html

--> Protected by Basic Auth to the IIP

Pre-Sales Consultant
    CA Southern Africa