Layer7 API Management

View Only
  • 1.  SSO token generation in gateway for back end web-service authentication

Posted Oct 04, 2019 07:47 AM
    Hi Team,

can you please help on below requirement. 

we have requirement that the back-end web-service protected with sso token, so we need generate sso token in gateway and send into SOAPHeader request for back-end web-service authentication, then back-end web-service will validate the sso token then the connection will establish with gateway.
    so please help me with code to generate sso token in gateway for back end service authentication.

Thanks 
    Uday.

• 2.  RE: SSO token generation in gateway for back end web-service authentication

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 07, 2019 07:54 PM
    Hi there you cannot generate the SSO token in the gateway, you need to set up the integration between the gateway and the SSO server.
    You can authenticate the user against SSO and use that token in your back-end flow.

------------------------------
    Head of Layer 7 Adoption team
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: SSO token generation in gateway for back end web-service authentication

Posted Oct 10, 2019 06:16 AM
    Hi Aran White,

Thanks a lot for quick reply, can you please help me steps or any document ?

• 4.  RE: SSO token generation in gateway for back end web-service authentication
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 10, 2019 03:11 PM
    I would start here.https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/layer7-api-management/api-gateway/9-4/security-configuration-in-policy-manager/tasks-menu-security-options/manage-ca-single-sign-on-configurations/working-with-ca-single-sign-on.html
    If you need some advice I could get someone to help you directly.

Head of Layer 7 Adoption team
    Broadcom