Layer7 API Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

How to integrate OAuth Toolkit with third party OIDC provider for User Authentication

• 1.  How to integrate OAuth Toolkit with third party OIDC provider for User Authentication

Posted Feb 24, 2021 11:05 AM
    We are exploring the options to integrate OAuth toolkit with third party IDPs such as WSO2. The IDP supports OIDC and can act as OIDC provider. So i would like to know if i can redirect the user authentication & authorization to the IDP as per OIDC standard, just by modifying the # policies of the toolkit.

I found a blog Blogger ​about using the third party authorization , However the redirection is not OIDC.

Kindly let me know if any one has implemented such flow.

Thank you !
    Suhas

• 2.  RE: How to integrate OAuth Toolkit with third party OIDC provider for User Authentication

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 25, 2021 02:16 PM
    Edited by Barry Stern Feb 25, 2021 02:16 PM
    Hello Suhas,

Currently the OTK itself does not support third party IDPs using OIDC flow natively. The MAG has support for social login for a handful of OIDC providers which can be used to accomplish authentication via third party OIDC providers. 
    To accomplish this with just the OTK you would need to customize the Authorization endpoints.