Layer7 API Management

View Only
  • 1.  CA API Gateway integration with PowerBI

Posted Aug 21, 2019 11:03 AM
      |   view attached

Hello,

I am trying use an endpoint of CA API Gateway that doesn't have an SSL certificate, as data source in PowerBI.
    Unfortunately, with PowerBI I get an error message "Unable to Connect" (see image attached).

I know the error is related to the lack of SSL certificate in my endpoint.

Is there any workaround to this situation, that doesn't require an SSL certificate?

Thanks.

------------------------------
    Lara

• 2.  RE: CA API Gateway integration with PowerBI

Posted Aug 22, 2019 03:25 AM
    Hello Lara,

I'm not sure I understood properly your question but I think that if you import as trusted certificate in the PowerBI machine the certificate that you can auto-generate from CA Gateway (in case you need to generate), you will not have that issue anymore. I had the same in the past with an ETL SSIS package and is just about finding the proper place to import the certificate.

Kind regards,
    Albert.

Security Engineer
    ELCA

• 3.  RE: CA API Gateway integration with PowerBI
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 22, 2019 10:46 AM
    Lara,

You can add the certificate in the Gateway to allow inbound and outbound connection at the gateway from your Power BI. To enable this, go to the Policy Manager, select [Tasks] > Certificates, Keys, and Secrets > Manage Certificates from the Main Menu. 
    The Manage Certificates dialog appears. Click in Add, here you can retrieved from an HTTPS or LDAPS URL, Imported from a file or pasted directly into the wizard. In the next window you can choose how you want to use your imported certificate. In that case to allow the connection, Select the Outbound SSL Connections, Signing Certificates for Outbound SSL Connections and Signing Client Certificates. In the next window select Certificate is a Trust Anchor . Now try again to call the endpoint.

For more information regarding certificates https://docops.ca.com/ca-api-gateway/9-4/en/security-configuration-in-policy-manager/tasks-menu-security-options/manage-certificates/add-certificate-wizard

Regards,
    Diego Martins

• 4.  RE: CA API Gateway integration with PowerBI

Posted Aug 23, 2019 04:33 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the help. It is working.

Regards,

Lara