Layer7 API Management

View Only
  • 1.  MAG 4.2 support

Posted Oct 01, 2019 07:09 PM
    How MAG 4.2 can be integrated with XCode, Swift, Hydra/Lua, and NativeScript (JS) platform/ framework?

Has anyone in community worked on MAG integration with these mobile technologies?

Broadcom/ CA only supports MAG with Android, IoS and Xamarin platform in development environment (IDE) such as IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse and Android Studio.

------------------------------
    Thanks,
    Aniket

• 2.  RE: MAG 4.2 support

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 01, 2019 07:49 PM
    Please check mas.ca.com for the details, the guide below includs how to setup the xcode env,
    http://mas.ca.com/docs/ios/1.9.00/guides/

Regards,
    Mark

• 3.  RE: MAG 4.2 support

Posted Oct 01, 2019 07:58 PM
    Yes I know that already, Mark. What about Swift, Hydra/Lua, and NativeScript (JS) platform/ framework support?

I understand you're coming from Broadcom and Broadcom supports only certain technologies. I'm looking for an answer from customers world-wide who might have run into similar road-block when integrating with MAG.

• 4.  RE: MAG 4.2 support
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 02, 2019 02:38 AM
    Hi Aniket,

Swift is definitely working -out-of-the-box in Xcode. For the other frameworks, there is no support via SDKs, yet. But, you would be
    able to also use the APIs in the MAG to simulate the behaviour of the SDKs with any other platform/framework. This means you need
    to understand the flows inside the SDKs and MAG, but this is kind of documented. 

Regards
    Steffen

Sen. Director Services API Management
    APIIDA AG

• 5.  RE: MAG 4.2 support

Posted Oct 02, 2019 12:02 PM
    Thanks Steffan. Yes we started in that route first. But it would have been really help to use native MAG SDKs for API work.

Not sure if there're other customers stumbled upon this before.