Layer7 API Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Portal installation from version 4.3 hardcodes apim while creating the first domain

• 1.  Portal installation from version 4.3 hardcodes apim while creating the first domain

Posted Nov 07, 2019 08:52 AM
    This is almost not going to work in deployment where client separate the Prod and Non Prod environment.
    While installing and configuring API Developer portal from version 4.3 onwards the value for domain is completely ignored. Causing you use only one portal for all setup Prod and Nonprod.

I made some modification in the portal.sh script to update the variable to $PORTAL_TENANT to look from the variable in the config file which was hard coded to apim. 

Any particular reason why is this done and how to look at this possibility form disperse environment like prod and nonprod portal having to use the same domain and subdomain ..

Question : Is i made the changes and it works but I dont see any implication too. can we continue with this or is going to lead to support related problems

• 2.  RE: Portal installation from version 4.3 hardcodes apim while creating the first domain
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 07, 2019 01:35 PM

Ronald,

I would suggest opening a support ticket on this and getting product managements input. 

Thanks..