Layer7 API Management

View Only
  • 1.  layer 7 9.4 cr03 ui stop working in winfows 10

Posted Sep 22, 2020 01:58 AM
    hi all,
    In some of our windows 10 machine the layer 7 ui  stop responding ,
    double clicking on it doesnt do anything , try to reinstall but nothing , it happen in sevral machines , we suspect maybe it is related to some updated.
    did it happen to anyone

• 2.  RE: layer 7 9.4 cr03 ui stop working in winfows 10

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 22, 2020 04:39 PM
    Hello Lior,

I use windows 10 (up to date with all patches) with PM 9.4 CR 3 with no issues.  I would check to make sure that everything is set correctly in the Policy manager ini file and that your team is not blocking any of the ports.

------------------------------
    Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: layer 7 9.4 cr03 ui stop working in winfows 10

Posted Sep 23, 2020 01:28 AM
    it happen in all of our windows 10 machines at once in all machine  it is not related to ports , because i did a telent check against port 8443
    and any way the problem is that the programs crush before opening so i dont even get to the place where i am trying to connect to one of our getways

• 4.  RE: layer 7 9.4 cr03 ui stop working in winfows 10

Posted Sep 22, 2020 04:42 PM
    what's the error you are getting?

• 5.  RE: layer 7 9.4 cr03 ui stop working in winfows 10

Posted Sep 23, 2020 03:59 AM
    Hi

Layer 7 UI = Policy Manager ?   If so, does the startup log give a hint of what might be wrong - usually in %userprofile%\.l7tech\ssm0.log?

Like Matthew, I am using the L7 PM for 9.4 CR 3 without any problems with a fully updated copy Windows 10.

Robbert van Beveren
    Solution Architect
    HCL Technologies
    United Kingdom

• 6.  RE: layer 7 9.4 cr03 ui stop working in winfows 10

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 23, 2020 07:59 AM
    Hello Lior,

On top of the PM logs I would check the windows event viewer logs and I would also make sure there was no updated to your anti-virus that may be blocking the program.  Once we have an error to work off of we should be able to tell you how to address it

Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 7.  RE: layer 7 9.4 cr03 ui stop working in winfows 10

Posted Sep 23, 2020 08:46 AM

In the internal logs of the java ui , there is no records because the app fail to starts.

Nothing in the event log.

We try to disable all antivirus and firewalls , but it is still failing to load